| FTBL BOWL WEEK: Saturday, 12/30: Miss State (Won) is one of four games today as the SEC (1-3) gets its first bowl win.

UAB was not ready for prime time today, but 8 wins, coming back from the grave, I'm not sure that's ever been done. If I'm going down I want to be in the Bahamas when I do it. They may have to come find me when it's time for the bus ride to the airport.

UAB was not ready for prime time today, but 8 wins, coming back from the grave, I'm not sure that's ever been done. If I'm going down I want to be in the Bahamas when I do it. They may have to come find me when it's time for the bus ride to the airport.
Good Twitter thread last night ... at least an entertaining and somewhat informative one (IF you made the trip.)

$14 per beer in the stadium.
Re-entry allowed with coolers.
$12 a six pack outside the stadium.

Windows open, the temp is roughly 65°, and it's pretty sunny here in the Low Country.

Meanwhile ...

..and the Birmingham Bowl kicks off in about an hour. Wind, rain, and a TTU offense. Yeah, might get ugly.

I
Nature's shoutout to the "Old Grey Lady."

I sat through some real crap weather over the years in that stadium, including the 1983 Iron Bowl.

Yeah one of the quickest memories of being at Legion Field is the weather. When Perkins was there against LSU there was actually a tornado warning given from the press box. Worst torrential rain I've ever sat through. Seems like Perkins went for the tie instead of the win and caught hell for it the next week.

Great to see Army win their bowl game. They score with 0:18 seconds left in the game to make it 35-34 San Diego State. Army goes for two and gets it to go ahead 35-36. SDSU gets the kickoff and is called for intentional grounding with 0:07 seconds left. Final play is SDSU with a few flea flickers and Army intercepts the ball and scores.

Great to see Army win their bowl game. They score with 0:18 seconds left in the game to make it 35-34 San Diego State. Army goes for two and gets it to go ahead 35-36. SDSU gets the kickoff and is called for intentional grounding with 0:07 seconds left. Final play is SDSU with a few flea flickers and Army intercepts the ball and scores.
I remember when Bama played Army in the Sun Bowl way back. Bama had to come from behind to beat Army that day?

Alabama edged Army 29-28 in the final minutes of the fourth quarter, led by the efforts of David Smith and Derrick Thomas.

@TUSKstuff What does that say about WVU at this point?

Sidenote: H/T to Holgerson for telling his player "if you don't have the heart to be out here, we don't want you out here." (referring to a player sitting for the bowl game.)

Back
Top Bottom