| FTBL BOWL WEEK: Saturday, 12/30: Miss State (Won) is one of four games today as the SEC (1-3) gets its first bowl win.

That word is as meaningful as the system has made it. Ya dig?

The system? Oh, contraire mon frère. It's as meaningful as they were taught when they were children: your word means something in my world and it's quite evident it doesn't in theirs.

I completely agree with you the regard that I would play the game... Would advise my son to the play the game... But I'm not in these kids' situation. Eddie McCaffrey seemed to see it differently. Don't know how high the risk is for them personally though. I certainly don't blame any of them for putting themselves before the university in this scenario.
I'm not in these kids situation either. That won't stop me from having an opinion. And, you know that opinion.

I will, and will continue to blame them for quitting. No matter how it's sugar-coated they are not fulfilling what they've agreed to do.

But hey, it takes a lot of different people to make the world go 'round.

That word is as meaningful as the system has made it. Ya dig?

Same system that will let coaches cut a kid loose 1 day after this meaningful game if he can find a better one... after recruiting him and promising him lord knows how much success for 1-2-3 years.

I doubt Jeremy Pruitt told the kids he recruited at UA he would jump at the opportunity to leave when he got the opportunity make a few more bucks their soph/junior season. It's for his family though!

Lane Kiffin was ceremoniously "let go" going into the title game... Doubt Nick Saban asked Bo Scarbrough about his feelings on the situation. So much for Nick Saban's commitment to "The Process" with the guys he went into battle with all year. lol

I completely agree with you the regard that I would play the game... Would advise my son to the play the game... But I'm not in these kids' situation. Eddie McCaffrey seemed to see it differently. Don't know how high the risk is for them personally though. I certainly don't blame any of them for putting themselves before the university in this scenario.

Everyone has an opinion on players sitting out bowl games, but after looking at the numbers this week, it's still, very much, a growing phenomenon. And we're now getting an idea of the number of rudderless teams that are going to be playing without their HC. The early signing period may be responsible for the timing, but not the going.

In a couple more years, the apathy for going to any non-playoff bowl is going to be more self-evident. That's not early signing or the NFL draft problem, it's the enthusiasm for this playoff thing.

Not playing for fear of injury and hurting draft stock would have shown up decades ago if that alone was the main issue. The playoff or bust mentality is driving the new product. If playoff teams start having kids sit out for the draft I'll rethink it, but right now, I think the playoffs are creating a lot of unintended consequences and will continue to do so.

Everyone has an opinion on players sitting out bowl games, but after looking at the numbers this week, it's still, very much, a growing phenomenon. And we're now getting an idea of the number of rudderless teams that are going to be playing without their HC. The early signing period may be responsible for the timing, but not the going.

In a couple more years, the apathy for going to any non-playoff bowl is going to be more self-evident. That's not early signing or the NFL draft problem, it's the enthusiasm for this playoff thing.

Not playing for fear of injury and hurting draft stock would have shown up decades ago if that alone was the main issue. The playoff or bust mentality is driving the new product. If playoff teams start having kids sit out for the draft I'll rethink it, but right now, I think the playoffs are creating a lot of unintended consequences and will continue to do so.

You may be onto something...

I'm still confident you will see kids sitting out an entire season, soon. That won't be because of the playoffs though.

If Calvin Ridley didn't play this year he would have still been a first rounder... Had he torn his ACL, where would he go?

Food for thought.

Heh, as for the definition, it is something that has become commonplace, like calling Saban, Satan has become ubiquitous.
Hand to God. Just happened.

We're getting snow in Charleston and in the background I've had one of the local news channels one...glancing at pictures and such.

One of the talking heads just said, "The snow is ubiquitous. Now folks, ubiquitous, that means it's everywhere." Live news now.

Why the hell are you using a word when you to stop, define it for your audience, and then move on?

Back
Top Bottom