| GAME THREAD 🏆 Bowl Season 2019-2020 🏆

Reminded me of the 2008 Bama vs Utah game when we were the team that didn’t care.

I thought someone on here said Huntley wasn’t playing. He played and they still got creamed. Thank goodness they didn’t get out in the CFP!

So the view is what makes this game so special? Hell, you really can't see anything when you're in the stadium unless you're on the top row on the press box side. He's looking from the press box. One of these days I'll get up to Big Ten country and see a few games at their mega stadiums.

The seating is super tight. I'd go so far as to say that the bleacher seating the space per person isn't wide enough.

It's a cool place to see a game, there is no doubt about it. But in my opinion, it isn't what everyone makes it out to be.

Trying to get outta this place is a f'ing nightmare, the bus line was ridiculously long, we ended up walking the whole distance.

Money shot.

ENPf95xU4Agzlxg

Awesome picture. The best flyover I personally experienced was at Bryant Denny in 2005. They were doing work on the north endzone and the flyover was a low flying Cargo plane and 2 jets. It was so close it took everyone by surprise so there was a momentary silence and then the crowd erupted. Was awesome.

Anyone else on here at that game?

2005 Bama vs LSU flyover

TaxSlayer Gator Bowl
Tennessee's season looked like a lost cause two games into 2019, and the Volunteers looked equally lost for much of the game Thursday night before putting together a frantic fourth-quarter rally to beat Indiana 23-22 in the TaxSlayer Gator Bowl. The comeback win put a bow on one of the more improbable comeback stories in college football this season. The Vols lost their first two games at home to Georgia State and BYU before regrouping and winning seven of their final eight. They trailed 22-9 before scoring a pair of touchdowns in the final 4 minutes, 21 seconds, and the key play was an onside kick recovered by Eric Gray, leading to Gray's 16-yard touchdown run to put Tennessee ahead to stay. -- Chris Low
The comeback last night was the most improbable comeback. Out of over 470+ games a FBS team trailing by as much as UT was late in the fourth quarter had never come back to win. (Down by 13 with five minutes left.)

Pruitt did a pretty good job up there this season.

As much as I hate UT for winning by 1 instead of 2, that was a great game at the end. I only started watching as UT got the ball down 22-9. The TD, Onside, and second TD to take the lead in a matter of minutes was something. But Indiana could have won it still and missed the FG then handed their last chance over on downs after UT couldn't make a first and seal it. UT played as inspired at the end as Indiana played tired. To think, that is what your opponent missing an XP and a FG feels looks like.

Because I always want the SEC look good, because I think it's good for Bama, I was torn on this game. I'd pull for IU, and then my pro-SEC attitude would kick in, and I'd pull for CJP and 'that team'. However, when utn turned it around and started scoring, and I'd hear all of those utn fans singing that 'song', I'd want to throw up, and I'd start wanting IU to win again. I hate it when I can't get my head straight.

ROLL TIDE!

Because I always want the SEC look good, because I think it's good for Bama, I was torn on this game.

As with all games, root for the team that helps Bama the most by winning first. Then pull against Auburn, UT, UGA, and any team with a Tiger mascot second. In the NC this year pull for LSU if for no other reason than because Clemson fatigue is real and it would make next year that much more fun. I give not one iota about "SEC, SEC, SEC" garbage.

LSU may eventually figure it out but a lot of people have been underestimating a team that has been there before in favor of a team that has not. Not an Ogre fan so pulling for Dabo's team.

Last edited:
Agree Mando. Clemson’s experience is invaluable. Hard to ever bet against Dabo. His guys are going to be prepared. LSU looks lost at times. They had the one big pass play and that’s it. But still in the game.

LSU likely has to many weapons on offense for Clemson to pull away but may be a really high scoring game. I always felt the LSU defense would eventually get them beat but they had gotten healthy and were playing better.

Back
Top Bottom