| GAME THREAD 🏈 Conference Championship Weekend 🏈

IMO we should start having the conversation about whether or not the conference championship games are necessary. By losing their championship game and not falling in rankings one bit (which is what most of the talking heads have said) TCU has finally proven once and for all that championship games don't matter. The narrative this week was that Ga, Mich and TCU could all lose and none of them would drop in the rankings. Now I don't have on my crimson colored glasses. I don't think Bama deserves a shot because they are not better than any of the 4 teams in the playoffs. But I do think it's ridiculous to have a conference championship game which means nothing and doesn't decide anything, and then making some of those teams turn right around and play a playoff game. I am in favor of doing away with the championship games and letting the regular season champ be crowned champs. That way teams like Ga, Michigan, and TCU can focus on the game that really matters, i.e. their first playoff game. I am aware of the money involved and I know that college football is all about money, but wouldn't it be nice if college football would put away the hypocrisy for just a moment and care about what they say they care about? The student athletes? Why make them play a meaningless game and waste their time and risk injury? /rant

This was an easy task for the committee. Sports talkers and fans of TCU, Ohio St. and Alabama sitting on the edges of their seats wondering what the committee will do. It probably took them about 5 minutes to decide and then they all started drinking. Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. will be the 4 teams. If they had not been hoping for at least 1 top 4 team to fall they would have dropped Ohio St. 6 - 7 spots after that blow out loss to Michigan.

Last edited:
This was an easy task for the committee. Sports talkers and fans of TCU, Ohio St. and Alabama sitting on the edges of their seats wondering what the committee will do. It probably took them about 5 minutes to decide and then they all started drinking. Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. will be the 4 teams. If they had not been hoping for at least 1 top 4 team to fall they would have dropped Ohio St. 6 - 7 spots after that blow out loss to Michiga
I agree, by keeping Ohio State at five we were never getting in unless TCU lost by 50 points, I think TCU stays at three Ohio State to four, the committee does not want to see Michigan Ohio State again

Just read a post on FB, from a Puppy fan! I'm thinking those fans are worried if Bama gets into the playoff!
Oh I think if Bama got in we might see a total different mind set from this team. However, it’s not going to happen. This committee is peeing all over themselves….Just think, they got Michigan and Ohio St. both in !!!!!!’

This was an easy task for the committee. Sports talkers and fans of TCU, Ohio St. and Alabama sitting on the edges of their seats wondering what the committee will do. It probably took them about 5 minutes to decide and then they all started drinking. Georgia, Michigan, TCU, Ohio St. will be the 4 teams. If they had not been hoping for at least 1 top 4 team to fall they would have dropped Ohio St. 6 - 7 spots after that blow out loss to Michigan.
No surprise

Sure felt like KSU had them on skates up until that muffed punt... If they go on and win that game by 3 TD's, things would be really interesting tomorrow.
Or the 4th and goal stop at the 1 when K-State got stopped in the 2nd quarter after just scoring to go up 14-7. That stopped killed some big momentum. Then the muffed punt Really gave TCU their chance. 2 plays greatly changed the direction.

Back
Top Bottom