| FTBL BAMA vs. vandy : close call

You'd think from hearing people talk and reading various articles that we have no chance. I think we will win comfortably or lose close. This is starting to remind me of all the hype of the 1st meeting of Alabama vs. Spurrier's South Carolina team.

All week we listened to how SC might beat Bama, how Spurrier's offense would manhandle our D. The upset buzz was alive and well. Of course we all know how that turned out 8) , and I'm hoping this little Vandy adventure will be quiet the same.

I'm hoping Vandy is listening to all the media chatter and comes out shellshocked by our speed, intensity and physical play. Yep, that's what I'm hoping. :)

BamaDelta said:
You'd think from hearing people talk and reading various articles that we have no chance. I think we will win comfortably or lose close. This is starting to remind me of all the hype of the 1st meeting of Alabama vs. Spurrier's South Carolina team.

All week we listened to how SC might beat Bama, how Spurrier's offense would manhandle our D. The upset buzz was alive and well. Of course we all know how that turned out 8) , and I'm hoping this little Vandy adventure will be quiet the same.

I'm hoping Vandy is listening to all the media chatter and comes out shellshocked by our speed, intensity and physical play. Yep, that's what I'm hoping. :)

I'm hoping for pretty much the same thing you are Delta. :D

BamaDelta said:

Well, I must admit I was worried about Vandy last year, but I don't feel any anxiousness at all about this upcoming Saturday.

RTR!

bear facts said:
Bamaman37 said:
You're the only one here that keeps saying it over and over again. :roll:

:lol:

I'm beginning to think he has seceded and become part of "The Redundancy." :roll:

What do you think about Paul Johnson as our coach when Saban goes to Michigan?

What do you think about Paul Johnson as our coach when Saban goes to notre dame?

Thats a different thread,but, if Coach Sabin left I would hope we would give Kevin Steele the job!NOW! back to the game, I am hoping for the same thing as Delta, I just am leery of Vandy and we only have to wait 3 days and see!

bamarama007 said:
I would hope we would give Kevin Steele the job

Didn't he only win ONE GAME in his last tenure as a head coach? :shock:

BTW, it's still Vandy. They will have to string together A LOT of winning seasons before I would ever say we were "lucky" to beat Vandy. :roll:

bamarama007 said:
Thats a different thread,but, if Coach Sabin left I would hope we would give Kevin Steele the job!NOW! back to the game, I am hoping for the same thing as Delta, I just am leery of Vandy and we only have to wait 3 days and see!

Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson.
Definitely Paul Johnson.

Ten minutes to Wapner...

It Takes Eleven said:
bamarama007 said:

Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson, Paul Johnson.
Definitely Paul Johnson.

Ten minutes to Wapner...

LMAO!! :lol:

correct me if I am wrong. we beat Vandy last year at BDS:::13/10....... We have 9 returning starters on offense,Vandy has 10.........we return 5 on defense, Vandy returns 8..........Vandy lost 5 games by a total scor of 15 points and beat Georgia at Georgia: 24/22

:lol:

Well, anything could happen (have we already forgotten what happened in the Big House?), BUT something tells me that Saban knows how to prepare a team better than Lloyd Carr.

Anyways, it has been a long time since we have whipped up on Vandy & Vandy is a much better program than what we've seen in the past. That said we are simply not the same team as last year...so many factors to list.

Delta compared the hype to that of the SC game in '05 & one of the main points about that game was the fact the Offense just dominated the Cocks so much so that it forced their O to become one dimensional :arrow: passing game.

If this is how it pans out w/ Vandy then that will go in our favor defensively b/c I think that is the stronger element of our defense. However, the flip side to that is it may be Vandy's strong suit for their O. So, if we can just keep them off the feild w/ solid ball hogging then that will serve as a good Defense.

I guess we'll just have to wait & see... :x

bamarama007 said:
correct me if I am wrong. we beat Vandy last year at BDS:::13/10....... We have 9 returning starters on offense,Vandy has 10.........we return 5 on defense, Vandy returns 8..........Vandy lost 5 games by a total scor of 15 points and beat Georgia at Georgia: 24/22

From Vandy - "Four Commodore defensive players – tackle Gabe Hall, end Steven Stone, cornerback Myron Lewis and nickelback Darlron Spead – earned their first career starts in the Richmond game."

Vandy's eight losses were by the scores 27-7, 13-10, 21-19, 17-10, 31-13, 25-19, 38-26 and 39-10. Pick any five losing margins that add up to fifteen.

You're a numbers man. I can tell.

ActHoffmanRainman.jpg

Back
Top Bottom