| FTBL Game Week: Alabama vs. South Carolina (press conferences, news updates, and discussion) [Update: Jaimem Oatis quits team]

I think we've just had a bad crop of DL lately, I know Roach definitely isn't helping things and with this being the situation I'd look for people like Justus Terry to be moving away from Bama more. I really like Roach and what he's done to keep things together and help recruiting but he honestly would be better as a recruiter only or maybe we just need to move on.

I mean, I look at the entire DL group and it's hard to find anything good coming from that group. Oatis among them, just all disappointments. Tim Smith was a 5-star extremely highly touted guy, but unable to do much of anything.
Terry is solid to us. I don't think you have to worry about him. If anything, I think Bama will move on from Roach and hire a DL... Cough I'm going to say this again... BO Davis.

Terry is solid to us. I don't think you have to worry about him. If anything, I think Bama will move on from Roach and hire a DL... Cough I'm going to say this again... BO Davis.
I had heard he was solid previously but haven't heard anything since his UGA visit and him missing the Bama visit, you sure things haven't changed on that front? Anyways, if we could get Bo Davis back, that'd be a big move and worth it, IMO

I had heard he was solid previously but haven't heard anything since his UGA visit and him missing the Bama visit, you sure things haven't changed on that front? Anyways, if we could get Bo Davis back, that'd be a big move and worth it, IMO
He missed the game because he had a game that day. That's why it was rescheduled. I just threw in Bo Davis because I want him to come back.

There's a reason we hadn't seen anything Vandy showed us this last week, they had a whole extra week to install a new set of triple option plays. I harken this to a guy who circled the Bama week before the season and saw the opportunity with a bye week to try to catch us completely off-guard. It worked to perfection for Vandy and their QB had a phenomenal day on top of that.

On to South Carolina Week, let's hope the defense finds it's groove and can find the pieces it needs to succeed.

There's a reason we hadn't seen anything Vandy showed us this last week, they had a whole extra week to install a new set of triple option plays. I harken this to a guy who circled the Bama week before the season and saw the opportunity with a bye week to try to catch us completely off-guard. It worked to perfection for Vandy and their QB had a phenomenal day on top of that.

On to South Carolina Week, let's hope the defense finds it's groove and can find the pieces it needs to succeed.

This isn't an excuse for losing to Vandy by any stretch, but you're right on the extra time being a big help to them. I pointed out the bye week discrepancy about 3 weeks ago... it's ridiculous... Meanwhile, Bama is coming off a game vs. UGA where the defense was on the field for 48 2nd half plays. Then Vandy goes with a ball control, clock eating strategy? The defense looked like they had been hit with tranq darts about midway into the 4th. Not to mention, for 3/4 of the game, it was hot as hell. Not sure if it was seen on TV or not, but multiple Bama guys were throwing up on the field (most likely from too much water/gatorade on their stomach and then getting worn slap out, not necessarily from sickness).

If the team, coaches and even the fans do not turn the page to South Carolina we will have a repeat this weekend. After the UGA game during the Coach Deboer weekly show it was almost an hour in before Vandy was talked about. The players disrespected the Vandy team during the coin toss. All of these are pointing to players that need more accountability and some shall I say tough love. CKD does not need to be an enabler by making excuses for the way the team played. About time for him to call the baby ugly for how they have played especially on D.

I hear a lot of positive comments coming from CKD and that is fine but at some point time he needs to tell the players like it is. He may not be the coach that does it in front of the press but he better be doing it behind the scenes.

When you have one of your team captiains acting like Moore did it is hard for him to hold other players accountable when it is needed the most.

Ok now who knows anything about South Carolina? What players are a threat and what are their strengths?

That Vandy style of option is very difficult to prep for. All of the scout team guys are recruited to fit your system, not the system of each week’s opponent. In the end, it falls on the coaches to just get the guys ready. As an old scout teamer, we would bust our ass trying to help.

Back
Top Bottom