| FTBL Game Week: Alabama vs. Western Kentucky (today's press conferences)

I really like how this schedule sets up early for Bama... 3 games and then an off week heading into the big matchup with UGA. And while Bama should start 3-0, all 3 of these teams will give Bama some level of difficulty for different reasons. Western Kentucky will throw it around early and often... a very good early test for Bama's defensive backfield. But, TJ Finley isn't really known for is escapability... I think the Bama defense could have a big night in terms of causing him problems. Looking forward to seeing if this Tide defensive front can carry over their high level of play from the practices and scrimmages thus far, into the games. On the other side, WKU blitzed at a 45% rate last season, tops in CFB. I doubt much will change this season.... this will be a big test for the Bama OL/RB's in terms of protection and also for Milroe in terms of making the right decisions. WR's/TE's will be open, but he isn't always going to have much time. I'll also add, while I don't know how much we will see it in week 1, I do expect Milroe to use his legs more this season as a weapon. But Bama is going to get different things thrown at them in the 1st 3 weeks, from 3 well coached teams. There will be breakdowns at times on both ends, but when UGA strolls into Tuscaloosa for game 4, I expect this Tide team to take the field tested, rested, and ready.

Back
Top Bottom