| FTBL Any truth to predictions that Perry flips to cow patty u? Riddick flips to Bama?

Freeze get one in state and his is out doing Saban in state! o_O
It's a great pick up for the Barn. However, December is a long ways away, what happens if Ole gopher teeth freeze has a losing season? I doubt it happens this time, but Alabama has swooped in on in state recruits that committed to Auburn early before, a losing season may change some minds(again, probably not gonna happen). We'll see how it all plays out in December, but I expect Alabama to be in the top 5 when it's all said and done. We still have plenty of room to add to in this class.

2024 LB Gage Goldberg received a PWO (preferred walk-on) offer from Alabama on Wednesday.

Gage is the son of former professional wrestler Bill Goldberg.

F2DEbf3agAE3VO0

I doubt he comes here as a walk on, we'll see. I'd be surprised if he didn't take a scholarship at another program. I know Bama is looking to add another linebacker or two. Missing Riddick sucks, but Bradley would be a great pickup for us, I hope we go after him harder.

We would not have lost anyone of this caliber if Saban wanted them to the previous coach unless there was some Barn connection or $$. Give Freeze some credit. Recrutiing players like this will make the Barn better. Unfortunate...

We would not have lost anyone of this caliber if Saban wanted them to the previous coach unless there was some Barn connection or $$. Give Freeze some credit. Recrutiing players like this will make the Barn better. Unfortunate...

He's going to recruit really well.... and it's going to look even better than it probably should from 10,000 feet because of how poorly Gus, and especially Harsin, recruited. The double whammy is, he's also a better coach than them, and a better fit at auburn than them. It's always going to be a high stakes game there though, and he's going to have to win and more importantly, beat Alabama. I personally think he will give Bama trouble on the field more often than not, but I also wouldn't trade with them on our worst day. As for all these flips and such, keep in mind, things will get wild close to signing day for many of these higher profile guys... also, the transfer portal mitigates some of this stuff to a degree if needed.

He's going to recruit really well.... and it's going to look even better than it probably should from 10,000 feet because of how poorly Gus, and especially Harsin, recruited. The double whammy is, he's also a better coach than them, and a better fit at auburn than them. It's always going to be a high stakes game there though, and he's going to have to win and more importantly, beat Alabama. I personally think he will give Bama trouble on the field more often than not, but I also wouldn't trade with them on our worst day. As for all these flips and such, keep in mind, things will get wild close to signing day for many of these higher profile guys... also, the transfer portal mitigates some of this stuff to a degree if needed.
Saban is one of the best when it comes to pulling off crazy flips on signing day. It's extremely early for anyone to be celebrating recruiting pickups right now. Still have a whole season to play as well, so results from this season could help determine some decisions for these guys.

First, NIL has really changed the landscape of recruiting. Auburn is not as rich as Texas A&M or Ohio State, but they do have money. Second, it's a long way to December. A lot can happen. Third, even if they sign with Auburn, there's no guarantee that they will actually play there. Finally, I don't worry about recruiting anymore. College football is now a professional sport and these kids have figured out that there are no rules and they are in charge. I'm slowly losing my attachment to college football because it's looking more and more like NFL lite. And I could not care less about the NFL. I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Not all the way through. It's just boring.

I also wouldn't trade with them on our worst day.
Fully agree for sure. No comparison... The Barn gets more out of competing against Bama than the other way around. I do not think Bama gets anything out of this affiliation which I have posted many times. Would not bother me to ditch the Barn and not play them like we do with UAB. Of course that is not an options since they are in the SEC and the politics that surround it. Barners would have to much to lose.

My main point in the post was that Freeze getting more great players is not a good thing for Bama and I do not think the previous coaches would have done this even if later Bama flipped them. Nor for someone that Saban made a high priority. They will market the heck out of this and I guess why wouldn't they. It is a big deal to beat Bama in anything.

Oh and Freeze with an open check book will be a challenge. One of his strenghts that was illegal is now legal.

First, NIL has really changed the landscape of recruiting. Auburn is not as rich as Texas A&M or Ohio State, but they do have money. Second, it's a long way to December. A lot can happen. Third, even if they sign with Auburn, there's no guarantee that they will actually play there. Finally, I don't worry about recruiting anymore. College football is now a professional sport and these kids have figured out that there are no rules and they are in charge. I'm slowly losing my attachment to college football because it's looking more and more like NFL lite. And I could not care less about the NFL. I haven't watched an NFL game in years. Not all the way through. It's just boring.
When it comes to fan bases there are few I despise more than...say Michigan. But, a good Michigan football team is good for college football.

Auburn needed to land these guys. A good football team down there is good for college football.

Tennessee can burn in hell.

When it comes to fan bases there are few I despise more than...say Michigan. But, a good Michigan football team is good for college football.

Auburn needed to land these guys. A good football team down there is good for college football.

Tennessee can burn in hell.
The Vile thing I agree with. To me the Barn is not a needle mover program in college football in my eyes. UM, Bama, Tx, OSU, USC - the blue bloods being good is good for college football but the Barn?

But I fully acknowledge by Crimson Bias :).

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom