| FTBL Any truth to predictions that Perry flips to cow patty u? Riddick flips to Bama?

Davestwin

I just caught the tail end of a sports talk segment on recruiting. The lists were predictions on where the Top 20 uncommitted players land, teams poised to jump in the rankings and a commitment flip watchlist.

The first player on the 3rd list was Perry and they predicted he will flip to the tiggers. Interestingly enough, one of the pundits asked something I’ve been asking for several years … why do the overwhelming vast majority of 5 Star/top rated receivers from Alabama high schools seem to sign with any team other than Bama? Thankfully, Bama got some great ones ie Julio, Ruggs and more recently Kobe … but lost out on Williams, Pickens and Ross too. (I might be missing some names as I was eating at the time.) I haven’t checked him yet but the pundit said he went back to 2011 or 2012 or 2013 (one of them) and discovered the top two rated receivers from the state invariably signed with teams like Georgia, Clemson, Michigan, Mississippi State, Penn State. Though he failed to mention there’s a big difference between being the state’s top ranked receiver and being a top rated receiver nationally. I mean the state’s top rated receiver might be the state’s 20th ranked player.

Anyway, if Perry flips the Tide will again fail to get the state’s top receiver and this recruiting “expert” will bring the whole story up again. Now, I know the pundits have to be inventive in their search for the next stories but this one has a few holes. Number one being the receivers Bama did sign played really well and as such they’re still playing on Sunday’s.

Do you agree the tiggers will flip Perry? Does Bama flip Riddick? The latter one seems more likely to me since the pups just got the commitment of Justin Williams. And they’ve been singing his praises all day today on every local sports show.

I love it when the start talking about commits two or more years too early..,sometimes I think there should be limits…some of those kids may get a sex change to dominate girls sports instead of football…😉😅

So we're pretty certain Riddick is heading to The Plains today?

Yeah...

Help needed. Name 1 recruit we got or didn’t get that “flipped” that lived up to the attention. The ones I remember were all busts. Reuben Foster may have been the exception

Welp, that sucks. I do still think we'll recruit him until he officially signs(unless he shut that down, someone let me know), but this is probably it. I still like what we have at LB in this class, but getting him wouldve been great. Depth at the position is plentiful at the moment, but I expect some to transfer after this year if they don't see the field. If it comes to that, we could easily move somewhere like Qua Russaw into that spot(fully expect it at some point) and be productive for us. We'll see what happens.

Can someone verify what happened with the younger Kuanjo on his recruiting trip to the boogs? Heard there were some extra curricula activities he was “involved” in and if he didn’t commit to *aU they would be made public.

You know who I completely forgot about this class? Bradley Shaw, the LB from Hoover. I got to watch him last year in person when they played Prattville last season. He had a really good game that night, was always around the football and making plays. Very instinctive player, has violent hands when taking on blockers and seemingly loves sticking his nose in a gap and taking on contact. We might go after him a lot harder now after missing on Riddick.

Back
Top Bottom