| GAME THREAD Alabama Overpowers No. 24/24 Mississippi State, 30-6

Saban had the perfect opportunity to bow out after the 2020 national championship..He should have taken it. He is NOT the coach he once was by any means
Curious @MunchyOs how long you have been a bama fan? Just trying to understand where you are coming from with that comment and the one about Saban being a joke.

Not trying to argue with you but CNS is the best coach out there even today. You will not have a 2020 offense or a 2011 defense every year. This team absoutely has issues as all teams have had. This one may even be more so than most but I believe things will improve. Maybe not to championship level but I think they will improve. What we saw for a few year stretch is just not sustainable at that level. It was/is unheard of to beat teams consistently by 20+points.

All that to say that none of it adds up to CNS is a joke..

Curious @MunchyOs how long you have been a bama fan? Just trying to understand where you are coming from with that comment and the one about Saban being a joke.

Not trying to argue with you but CNS is the best coach out there even today. You will not have a 2020 offense or a 2011 defense every year. This team absoutely has issues as all teams have had. This one may even be more so than most but I believe things will improve. Maybe not to championship level but I think they will improve. What we saw for a few year stretch is just not sustainable at that level. It was/is unheard of to beat teams consistently by 20+points.

All that to say that none of it adds up to CNS is a joke..
I've been a Bama fan since the the early 80's. I saw the game pass Bryant by. I was really little when Bama was dominating in the 70's, but I knew enough to know that by the time I first started watching, Bear Bryant's last teams just weren't as dominant anymore and it was simply his time to retire. I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the early 80's and right now. Nobody thought anything was wrong in 1982....until the team dropped 4 games, one even being to Southern Miss. Will the 2022 team drop 4 games? Probably not. But another loss isn't off the table.

I just can't sit and delude myself into believing that the best is still yet to come for this dynasty. I know that some in the fan base think that Saban has a number he wants to hit before he goes. One more title, two more, who knows. Some believe that he's not retiring until he's pulled off the 3 peat. Well the latter definitely ain't happening. So, he's not a joke. I went too far there. But, he's just not what he once was and right now, I'm not seeing another national title with him, let alone multiple titles, and definitely not 3 straight.

I just don't want him to make the mistake that Paterno and Bowden both made and hang around for the sake of hanging around. He is the GOAT and even if he hit the skids now, he would still be the GOAT. But, we could realistically have a 4-5 loss season, even while Saban is still here.One Shula-esque season could tank recruiting. Last season was dangerously close to being just that and we're not out of the woods this year by any means. We could hobble to a lower tier bowl with 3 losses. LSU and Ole Miss are gonna be TOUGH to say the least and cold both end up as L's. Then the "has the game passed Saban by" rumblings will really ramp up

I've been a Bama fan since the the early 80's. I saw the game pass Bryant by. I was really little when Bama was dominating in the 70's, but I knew enough to know that by the time I first started watching, Bear Bryant's last teams just weren't as dominant anymore and it was simply his time to retire. I'm seeing a lot of parallels between the early 80's and right now. Nobody thought anything was wrong in 1982....until the team dropped 4 games, one even being to Southern Miss. Will the 2022 team drop 4 games? Probably not. But another loss isn't off the table.

I just can't sit and delude myself into believing that the best is still yet to come for this dynasty. I know that some in the fan base think that Saban has a number he wants to hit before he goes. One more title, two more, who knows. Some believe that he's not retiring until he's pulled off the 3 peat. Well the latter definitely ain't happening. So, he's not a joke. I went too far there. But, he's just not what he once was and right now, I'm not seeing another national title with him, let alone multiple titles, and definitely not 3 straight.

I just don't want him to make the mistake that Paterno and Bowden both made and hang around for the sake of hanging around. He is the GOAT and even if he hit the skids now, he would still be the GOAT. But, we could realistically have a 4-5 loss season, even while Saban is still here.One Shula-esque season could tank recruiting. Last season was dangerously close to being just that and we're not out of the woods this year by any means. We could hobble to a lower tier bowl with 3 losses. LSU and Ole Miss are gonna be TOUGH to say the least and cold both end up as L's. Then the "has the game passed Saban by" rumblings will really ramp up
Gotta love all the chicken littles that come out after 1 damn loss.

No team is perfect. No team or coach is going to win it all every year. So we have a loss, big deal. If the guys do what they need to do, they'll get where they want to go.

And the only stat that matters, the ONLY one, is the score. What if BAMA had beaten Tennessee? Nobody would really care about the 17 penalties except Coach Saban and the guys. But as a fan, wins and losses are what counts. And to win games, the score is what matters. All those stats don't matter at the end of the game. If they did, BAMA's record would be much different than it is.....every single year. You can have a bad game and still win. The point is, you won. Fix the issues, and you'll probably win by more. And that's still a win.

Whether by 1 point or 4 touchdowns, the spread of the score doesn't matter. All that matters is that you have more points than your opponent when the clock hits 00:00.

Coach Saban worries about the little things. Why? Because that's what he's paid to do, along with winning. His job is to make sure the guys are ready for each game and that they're playing to the best of the their ability. As a fan, all we should care about is the score. Now you may look at that as I'm not invested in this team and I'm not a "true fan". But that couldn't further from the truth. I'm happy when they in, I'm pissed when they lose. But I've also learned to keep my emotions in check. Nothing I say or do will EVER make the guys play better or make the coaches call better plays. I tend to take a more realistic look at the game and what's going on. So Miss St score a touchdown. So what? It took them the entire game, literally, to do that. Yeah a shutout would've been nice. But I'd much rather have the win in that fashion than the alternative.....like last week.

Also, who you have come be the coach at BAMA? Is there another coach out there who can do what Coach Saban has done in his 14 years at BAMA? If there is, I'd sure like to know who that is. Because I don't think there is one. BAMA may not have another run like this until all of us on this board are long gone. And if that's the case, then so be it. You can control it, I can't control it, nobody on this board can control it. It is what it is. I was fortunate enough to see some of Coach Bryant's teams, too. And I was happy. I was also sad when he retired and was even sadder when he died. There was s rough patch in there, with a couple SEC championships and a national championship along the way. And I cherish those moments. They make me happy. Then, we had more bad times and mediocre seasons. Then, in 2007, it all turned around.

Now I don't know how long Coach Saban is planning on coaching. And I'll support him up to the very end, barring anything drastic (rule breaking, etc.) And I know that one day it is coming. That day comes for us all. So all I can do is cherish the good times we have now, and keep supporting my team, win or lose. Being alive for 2 coaches that are so dominant in the game is a massive gift, indeed. I have an older friend who got to see MORE of Coach Bryant's teams. I'm jealous of him in that regard. He got to experience more than I did. But thankfully, we both, and many, many more, got to experience this 2nd wave of absolute dominance.

So just enjoy the ride until it's over. And when it is, just keep supporting your team, no matter what. They're going to stumble.....we all do. But we can all get back up and go again.

RMFT!!!!!

Back
Top Bottom