| FTBL Kalen DeBoer

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
My perspective:

First it is going to take me a bit to get the spelling of his name correct. I have researched the guy through all this going on in my life and have been a bit impressed to be honest. He was a Wide Receiver at Sioux Falls and broke all their records, coached there also with a 67-3 record. His overall record as a coach in college is 104-12. He is a winner. He is also a player's coach, and the culture here will change with his style compared to Saban's style, although truthfully Saban was a player's coach if you really listened to Coach Saban and his Press conference's, just a different style. Here is DeBoer's coaching career........
Awards
3 NAIA (2006, 2008, 2009)
4 GPAC (2006–2009)
1 Pac-12 (2023)
AFCA NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008, 2009)
NAIA Coach of the Year (2006, 2008, 2009)
Pac-12 Coach of the Year (2022, 2023)
AFCA Coach of the Year Award (2023)
AP Pac-12 Coach of the Year (2022, 2023)
AP Coach of the Year (2023)
Eddie Robinson Coach of the Year (2023)
Home Depot Coach of the Year (2023)
Sporting News Coach of the Year (2023)
Walter Camp Coach of the Year (2023)

YearTeamOverallConferenceStandingBowl/playoffsCoaches#AP°
Sioux Falls Cougars (Great Plains Athletic Conference) (2005–2009)
2005Sioux Falls11–29–12ndL NAIA Semifinal4
2006Sioux Falls14–010–01stW NAIA Championship1
2007Sioux Falls13–110–01stL NAIA Championship2
2008Sioux Falls14–010–01stW NAIA Championship1
2009Sioux Falls15–010–01stW NAIA Championship1
Sioux Falls:67–349–1
Fresno State Bulldogs (Mountain West Conference) (2020–2021)
2020Fresno State3–33–3T–5th
2021Fresno State9–3[n 1]6–22ndNew Mexico[n 1]
Fresno State:12–69–5
Washington Huskies (Pac-12 Conference) (2022–2023)
2022Washington11–27–2T–2ndW Alamo88
2023Washington14–19–01stW Sugar †, L CFP NCG22
Washington:25–316–2

I know he hasn't seen how rabid we are here at Bama, but I believe he understands the realm of things more than we think. He will get his SEC welcome at some point and we as fans will want him fired and such, but I believe he will do well here because of his winning culture. If he takes the Defensive side as serious as he takes the Offensive side, I think we will be fine. Recruiting will be another thing to gauge him by and how he handles this Portal BS and NIL.
His coaching hires were somewhat questioned at first because of Grubb and Huff going to the Seahawks, but I think he knew there was a chance of that happening thus the seemingly quick hires/ moving up coaches after it was official. Which tells me he has plans outside the box. The biggest thing for him other than the program itself is satisfying this fanbase. He will have to learn quickly about us, and it will not be a forgiving bunch.
I am excited for this next chapter of Bama Football. I am sure there will be growing pains with this fanbase, but I am liking the guy. Once games start happening if he has any ability to overcome some of the heat he will take and keeps the winning culture here, I see a successful Coach on the horizon.

Roll Tide!

CKD made it sound like this teams starters will be determined by competition on the field every week, in practice..so in that case I bet alot of yelling will not be needed at practice ( not saying there won’t be though)..it will be a “sink or swim” type of thing..The best players will be starting every week.. seniority may be out the window..

Coach D is probably where it will land...easier...

Funny how so many thought Dabo couldn't have handled "bama" and a Souix Falls / west coast person can......
Not about Coach D but just the irony
I don’t recall many if any saying Dabo couldn’t “handle BAMA”. I believe it was BAMA and her fans weren’t willing to put up with all of the Hokey bullshit that has become Dabo over the years. From his “aww golly gee aww shucks little ole Clemson” to his “look at me sprinting down the hill leading the team” to his going on an extended rant on his radio show. I didn’t want that shit!!

I don’t recall many if any saying Dabo couldn’t “handle BAMA”. I believe it was BAMA and her fans weren’t willing to put up with all of the Hokey bullshit that has become Dabo over the years. From his “aww golly gee aww shucks little ole Clemson” to his “look at me sprinting down the hill leading the team” to his going on an extended rant on his radio show. I didn’t want that shit!!
I believe the “rant” was staged..it actually circled the wagons for Dabo.. I would like to see Clemson come in the SEC.. My mother is a Clemson fan..I like seeing them beat Auburn

I don’t recall many if any saying Dabo couldn’t “handle BAMA”.

yes-i-did-i-did-that.gif

Here's something I knew, but hadn't put together ... nor have I seen anyone point this out.

DeBoer has been coaching collegiate football for nine years.

Anyone care to guess how many conference titles his teams have won in those nine years?

intro-1652795363.jpg
?

Bottom line, we just need to give the man a chance and see what he can do with the product on the filed. Hopefully, he will pick up some transfers after spring practice and have an outstanding recruiting year in his, first full year at Bama.

Back
Top Bottom