| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I hope he brings his OC but leverages our defensive coaches. Their defense was not impressive at Washington this season. Nothing like ours, at least.
I agree that I'd rather have some of ours, he was able to stop Oregon twice, and they didn't do too badly against Texas... didn't shut either down, but slowed them down enough to beat them

More importantly, his daughter is ranked #13 in the 2024 softball class. Maybe we get her too!

Was thinking earlier, how cool it'll be for the head football coach to be at all these home softball games. Oats and Byrnes already go to quite a few... they may have to build an AD box for them.

I'd be surprised if he returned, but we'll see. Hard to be stunned by anything in the transfer world these days.

But keep in mind, will likely be some UW players that now have their eyes on Tuscaloosa...

Gonna sound bad, but after this Idon't want him back. Tge amount of money given to him and that he has made off his NIL at Alabama with its full support and he wants to leave? See ya, don't want you back. I get it's the new world of colkege football yadda yadda, but this kind of stuff pisses me off. I get a Story, Ferguson, Benton move, but Bond has no reason at all other than dollar signs he can leverage. Ewers ain't getting him anything Milroe isn't.

Gonna sound bad, but after this Idon't want him back. Tge amount of money given to him and that he has made off his NIL at Alabama with its full support and he wants to leave? See ya, don't want you back. I get it's the new world of colkege football yadda yadda, but this kind of stuff pisses me off. I get a Story, Ferguson, Benton move, but Bond has no reason at all other than dollar signs he can leverage. Ewers ain't getting him anything Milroe isn't.

I don't disagree other than I'd still take him back, LOL. But, without knowing too many specifics here, some of these kids, just like in recruiting, get bad advice from people they have too much trust in... especially when money is involved (as you know).

Not to side track this too much but she hit .409 in 78 PAs this summer in travel ball with 6 HRs. She also had a fielding % of .938. Four errors in 64 total chances.
Shes a pitcher too. Committed to the Huskies a few days ago. She may change her mind, but if she wants to play offense she probably needs to stay with them.

Exactly! Everyone knows that doesn't even come close to passing the "sniff test".

Saban will be handing the keys to a Maserati and not a Chevy. Yeah, there will be some big shoes to fill but the infrastructure is in place. We will get a quality coach, period, and I am not even worried about it. The curiosity of who it will be is very interesting but you can bet it will be someone that is more than capable.
Spot on. Hat tip

Just got a text from a non-UA source, but word in Agent Land this is almost done. We will find out, but final approach? Sounds like it...
Around 10 CT this morning there was a text circulating around Tuscaloosa saying basically, "hand tight, it's about to break." A friend of mine mentioned he'd seen Rodney mention it on his forum.
My bet, Lanning was not offered, nor Norvell, nor Sark. They had interest, the rest is propping down Bama and getting paid some more cash.

Once it's done, you think we'll get the true rundown?
FWIW, Washington reporters are saying UW started their coaching search two days ago.

Back
Top Bottom