| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
Feel confident in saying yes. Byrne laid it out there with the 72 hour comment. He had his guy targeted, just had to play the Sexton game along the way. Unless it falls apart at the last moment, this was vintage Byrne at this biggest test. It’s why they call him the Ninja.

I was telling a buddy we'd have been stupid to not have our guy already picked by time the announcement of Saban retiring hit the news.

To your comment about Sexton. You think he has these kid of relationships with AD's, GM's, and owners where he will hammer a deal for their pick of a coach and persuade them to make a move if they allow him to up the ante for his other coaching clients? "Hey, I'll get you DeBoer for $10M if you allow me to work on Lanning, Sarkesian, and Norvell to pad my pockets with just the notion you're interested in speaking to them."

I was telling a buddy we'd have been stupid to not have our guy already picked by time the announcement of Saban retiring hit the news.

To your comment about Sexton. You think he has these kid of relationships with AD's, GM's, and owners where he will hammer a deal for their pick of a coach and persuade them to make a move if they allow him to up the ante for his other coaching clients? "Hey, I'll get you DeBoer for $10M if you allow me to work on Lanning, Sarkesian, and Norvell to pad my pockets with just the notion you're interested in speaking to them."

It absolutely works in that way. When dealing with Sexton, who has almost a monopoly on all the good HC's, it's a necessary part of the game if you want to stay out of some messy situations.

It absolutely works in that way. When dealing with Sexton, who has almost a monopoly on all the good HC's, it's a necessary part of the game if you want to stay out of some messy situations.

Expected as much, but sometime for me I just need affirmation by others. He most definitely has a monopoly on it all. Insane. He has to be worth half a billion dollars if not a billion.

Back
Top Bottom