| FTBL Alabama hires Kalen DeBoer as its next football coach.

Who do you think should be Bama's next HC?

• Lanning

Votes: 21 40.4%
  • Kiffin

Votes: 9 17.3%
  • Sark

Votes: 7 13.5%
  • Smart

Votes: 1 1.9%
  • Belichick

Votes: 0 0.0%
  • Demeco Ryans

Votes: 4 7.7%
  • Someone Else??

Votes: 10 19.2%

• Total voters
I wonder if it would have been done yesterday if 💩 head Jimmy Sexton wasn’t involved slow playing it trying to get max cash raises for Sark, Norvell, Lanning and whomever else he could blow smoke about. I know he’s doing his job but damn he kind of dictates the pace.

So he was the target all along?

Feel confident in saying yes. Byrne laid it out there with the 72 hour comment. He had his guy targeted, just had to play the Sexton game along the way. Unless it falls apart at the last moment, this was vintage Byrne at this biggest test. It’s why they call him the Ninja.

The Husky fans thinks he is a goner and they are mega pissed. They also contend Lanning never was even offered the position.
That's because Lanning wasn't offered the position. I've already said it a few times as has Brandon. These "offers" people act like coaches are turning down are nothing more than conversations or phone calls between Byrne, Saban, and anyone else in their inner circle right now.

A lot of fake information floating around out there

Assuming it is DeBoer, figure he would bring his OC and DC. Thinking I read one he has long standing ties with them.

Ryan Grubb interviewed for the Bama OC spot a year ago. Now, he’s going to get it. I do think some UA defensive staffers have a good shot at being retained at the very least. Some tough decisions on some staff members loom, IMO.

I wonder if it would have been done yesterday if 💩 head Jimmy Sexton wasn’t involved slow playing it trying to get max cash raises for Sark, Norvell, Lanning and whomever else he could blow smoke about. I know he’s doing his job but damn he kind of dictates the pace.

Don't discount Greg Byrne giving some time for the Nick Saban praise and appreciation pieces to make the rounds. He was owed a couple of days for the spotlight to be on him.

Back
Top Bottom