| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

I know people are working on reforms to our favorite sport ... but damn.

Per ESPN:
Grubb is expected to bring Alabama offensive line coach Scott Huff with him to the Seahawks, according to sources. Huff coached Washington's offensive line for the past seven years, including the last two with Grubb. Last season, the Huskies' offensive line won the Joe Moore Award as the top line in college football.

Last edited:
The new staff pulls out all stops to convince recruits to stick with Bama. Then one of the key members of said staff leaves just DAYS after asking that of those young men. No wonder today’s high school recruits and college players flip flop like pancakes. Each of those young men see in vivid colors from the adults that the game is about “the individual and money” … and beliefs in commitment and honor and other such antiquated notions mean less than trash on the bottoms of their shoes. I’ll be a Bama fan till I die but the college game I’ve loved over seven decades has already died. It’s basketball on grass, it’s rough flag football, it’s NFL Lite … and it’s going to be missed also till I die.

He was doing his job and got an offer he liked better. Also, better for his family. Alabama will be ok.

I know you're being half glass full here, but eff him. In my mind, you give a man your word you honor your word. He gave DeBoer his word, he gave the players his word, and he gave the fans his word. To go back on it, what, two days later shows zero moral code. I personally don't give an eff if it's "better for his family". They had to have spoken long before this and came to a decision/agreement that Tuscaloosa was the place they'd be. Had a chance to stay at Washington/Seattle, but came to Tuscaloosa anyways.

This is the stuff @ElephantStomp speaks about each time we get on a transfer's butt, and I am 100% holding this guy as responsible as I do the players. Sold players on his offense and vision for them and bolts not even a week later. He puts in a year, no problem, but to say what he said and sold that to the players is bullcrap. Now him poaching other staff? He'd be getting a physical visit from me if I were DeBoer knowing all the hard work I already put in and this snake is already trying to dismantle that. Different than a 10-15 year Saban tenure when the machine was already greased and rolling. Challenges are already ten fold, and now this. I refuse to be happy or looking at whatever bright side to this one. To be fair as well, I feel the same way about Bill O'Brien and what he did to Ohio State.

I agree about commitment that folks are talking about here. I know I am part of an older generation but is should mean something. With that said from Grubbs perspective he is back where hs family probably wants to be and he does not have to a part of the crap show called NIL/Portal. NFL job is probably better than the current state of CFB. More if this is going to happen unless something is done.

Not trying to be a downer here but I assume the kids that were recruited and signed could enter the portal after spring ball?

The shift for Deboer into the SEC and his first year, I have already thought was going to be more challenging the a lot of folks on here are thinking. This just made it more difficult. Going to find out how good Deboer really is. The other SEC teams and fanbases have zero sympathy for Bama given how long we have owned the conference and college football for that matter.

I agree about commitment that folks are talking about here. I know I am part of an older generation but is should mean something. With that said from Grubbs perspective he is back where hs family probably wants to be and he does not have to a part of the crap show called NIL/Portal. NFL job is probably better than the current state of CFB. More if this is going to happen unless something is done.

Not trying to be a downer here but I assume the kids that were recruited and signed could enter the portal after spring ball?

The shift for Deboer into the SEC and his first year, I have already thought was going to be more challenging the a lot of folks on here are thinking. This just made it more difficult. Going to find out how good Deboer really is. The other SEC teams and fanbases have zero sympathy for Bama given how long we have owned the conference and college football for that matter.

To be fair, the state of college football is where it's at because of coach's like this. "If the coaches can do it, whynot the players."

Back
Top Bottom