| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

Where was that 'interest' generated? From whom?
I'm in the same boat as you on that, I don't think there was much to the rumor to begin with but I do know some people who believe there was enough there. I'd say the initial was the PFT Farrel thing but the fans started to just shove the rumor down the hill and it went wild.
In re: to Grubb on my end... Just based on what I'm aware, he's probably not getting an offer from Seattle unless they circle back, but they did speak with him and did (maybe still do?) have some interest in him. Over the weekend it sounded like that ship had sailed though. Oddly, and I just checked again before posting this, there is zero chatter out there about what direction Seattle is going... and I'm talking backchannel stuff. Usually on something like an OC, there’s arrows pointing to someone by now. That doesn’t appear to be the case for them. Then again, the OC spot for the Seahawks doesn’t generate a ton of attention or excitement, even within league circles, so that could be part of it.
I could see him being a back-up candidate and I see why they'd want to look at him as an option.

As we all know, the NFL likes to hire from within the NFL if possible or guys who've already been assistants elsewhere. I wouldn't be surprised if Seattle isn't waiting for the end of the SB to interview an assistant or two from KC or SF. That's probably why the chatter has died down lately on it. It's not like College where things can be kept somewhat secret and closed doors. The NFL has paid spies for reporters everywhere especially some of the big name insiders usually by now we would've heard about some candidates if they were available to interview.

Last edited:
I get this. There is a VERY good chance"" we are both right.

Changing the subject because I can hide this in a thread.

People look at BYU and say, "cult." Okay. Not a big deal. They always support each other.

"A significant change in the football program."

Do you remember when the media made such a big deal of coaches not following Saban? Yeah. Chuckle a minute. They are following DeBoer.

From what I know...

Never gonna happen.

I don't follow you at all. Will you just come right out & say it?

What's with all this smoke & mirrors stuff lately?

From what I understand, Grubb to Seattle isn't happening: never was. I don't know how I could have put that more clearly when responding to Brandon about the story.

I did gather that actually after the very first comment you made about it.

I just wasn't sure because it wasn't clear to me that you will still talking about it you mentioned the media's observation about coaches not following CNS. I just didn't connect the dots.

I just wasn't sure because it wasn't clear to me that you will still talking about it you mentioned the media's observation about coaches not following CNS. I just didn't connect the dots.
Stream of thought. Rambling. It was something that dawned on me in the middle of the post.

I thought it was worth mentioning...remember how the media made a big deal out of coaches not following Saban to LSU, and then Bama?

I'm sitting in the bleacher seats and still say...a significant change in the program.

Being reported Grubb is leaving for Seattle
Yep he’s out…being reported everywhere. I’m tired of hearing about Grubb…kind of glad the rumors will be over and no distractions. Wonder who the candidates for OC will be other than maybe Moore from Mizzou and one of the guys on staff.

Last edited:
Yep he’s out…being reported everywhere. I’m tired of hearing about Grubb…kind of glad the rumors will be over and no distractions. Wonder who the candidates for OC will be other than maybe Moore from Mizzou and one of the guys on staff.

Kirby Moore was the name mentioned to me when DeBoer was first hired and it was uncertain in the 12-24 hours following if Grubb join him. His name was mentioned again about a week ago when the Grubb spoke with the Seahawks. I'm not predicting that it'll for sure be Moore, but I'd say he's certainly one to watch. I'd also say DeBoer likely already knows, one way or another.

Is it just me or is it somewhat unethical to sweet talk someone after they have just landed a new job at a new employer? It takes two to tango, but I feel like in a different age Seattle would've respected the fact that Ryan Grubb had already decided to go to Alabama.

But who am I kidding? This is America in 2024 where hyper-individualism has eradicated any sort of notion of commitment.

Is it just me or is it somewhat unethical to sweet talk someone after they have just landed a new job at a new employer? It takes two to tango, but I feel like in a different age Seattle would've respected the fact that Ryan Grubb had already decided to go to Alabama.

But who am I kidding? This is America in 2024 where hyper-individualism has eradicated any sort of notion of commitment.

IMO, if Seattle believed that strongly in him, they should have gone all in. The immediate chatter after their initial discussions was that Seattle was likely headed in another direction. They were blocked from interviewing at least 1 person they wanted. Sounds like in the end, they circled back...

I'm almost more interested in what it means for the Seahawks. If they don't add some veteran voices to that staff, it's unlikely his (their) stay will be a very long one.

Back
Top Bottom