| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

Ryan Grubb: Alabama's offensive coordinator is reportedly a candidate for the Seahawks opening at offensive coordinator under Mike Macdonald, which could mean a return to Seattle for the former Washington offensive coordinator.
Per The Scoop
They're just referencing Florio's report. He may even interview for the job in Seattle but that doesn't mean he's interested in taking the job. He interviewed at Bama because of Nick Saban and Bama's name. He still didn't take our offer either, stands to reason in a similar situation he won't be taking any offer from Seattle either.

A couple of things on the Grubb rumor... Checked with 2 different people (both of whom are covering the Sr. Bowl down in Mobile). Seahawks have spoken with Grubb this week... there's definitely interest from their side. Keep in mind, much of their brass has been in AL this week. If Grubb were to be offered and accept the position, look for DeBoer to turn to Kirby Moore (Missouri's [new] OC).

A couple of things on the Grubb rumor... Checked with 2 different people (both of whom are covering the Sr. Bowl down in Mobile). Seahawks have spoken with Grubb this week... there's definitely interest from their side. Keep in mind, much of their brass has been in AL this week. If Grubb were to be offered and accept the position, look for DeBoer to turn to Kirby Moore (Missouri's [new] OC).
Moore is a good coach, he would be a good pick up if the need arises

Does seem like its a BAMA epidemic. If i didn’t know better I’d say it was intentional.

It's a good problem to have, but it happens at plenty of other places too... it just either doesn't get the same level of attention (any Bama news causes a stir), or in many cases, it happens off the radar of Bama fans. But really good coaches are going to garner attention from others... and that's much better than the alternative.

On this specific case, he's one of several being looked at by Mike McDonald. This isn't an instance where he's the sole guy targeted, has been offered, and is willing to accept.

On this specific case, he's one of several being looked at by Mike McDonald. This isn't an instance where he's the sole guy targeted, has been offered, and is willing to accept.

Yea, I don't think there's a reason to worry about it until he's offered. Even if he interviews, I don't know if he'll get the job or not but we will see. A lot of NFL teams/coaches like hiring previous NFL guys so he may likely not be in the actual running.

Yea, I don't think there's a reason to worry about it until he's offered. Even if he interviews, I don't know if he'll get the job or not but we will see. A lot of NFL teams/coaches like hiring previous NFL guys so he may likely not be in the actual running.

There's really no reason to worry about it at all, no matter what happens. Personally, I think the Harbaugh brothers will have some degree of influence on the hire... just a guess there. But regardless how it all shakes out, it wouldn't be some massive setback for Bama, despite a portion of the fanbase bellyaching about it for days.

"Under consideration" doesn't mean anything unless it's confirmed that he's at least agreed to talk. I've seen nothing indicating that he has. If such exists, correct me. If it doesn't, then it's rumor, the effect of which -- heck, depending on where it started, even the INTENT of which -- could be to shake certain offensive players' and recruits' confidence in the transition and to loosen their commitments to the program.

I hope the Seahawks pick someone that isn't working! Because if they hired someone that from another team, it will be again someone wanted Gurbb.

There's really no reason to worry about it at all, no matter what happens. Personally, I think the Harbaugh brothers will have some degree of influence on the hire... just a guess there. But regardless how it all shakes out, it wouldn't be some massive setback for Bama, despite a portion of the fanbase bellyaching about it for days.
If that ain't happening, then some have stopped breathing. :p

Better than I expected. Staff positions, with the latest hire of the guy from TCU, Eron Hodges...

I'm in the, "OKAYI Coach. Roll Tide!"

Thanks I actually hope he stays a couple years. But, I know these Coordinators wanting to be a HC. But we’ll see! Roll Tide!

Amazing how no one ever goes after other school's coaches. It's as if Alabama is the only school you can get coordinators or HCs from.

I had hoped with this new coaching staff we’d get 2 or 3 years of “basic” stability… I’m so tired of the one and done OC/DC.

Back
Top Bottom