| FTBL Alabama football coaching staff changes and updates...

Good morning! Does anyone have the rundown on the coaches list? And what positions they will be coaching? I’ve seen a few but they keep hiring so I didn’t know
Only one on the field position left to be filled...all signs point to Inge.

Grubb- OC/Qb
Wommack- (co) DC / LB's
Shepard - WR
Roach - DL / asst coach
Gillespie- RB
Huff- OL
LInguist- Co DC / DB's
Hitschler- Co DC / DB's
Sheridan - TE's

Only one on the field position left to be filled...all signs point to Inge.

Grubb- OC/Qb
Wommack- (co) DC / LB's
Shepard - WR
Roach - DL / asst coach
Gillespie- RB
Huff- OL
LInguist- Co DC / DB's
Hitschler- Co DC / DB's
Sheridan - TE's
Thanks Terry! Looks to be a pretty good group! Roll Tide!

Better than I expected. Staff positions, with the latest hire of the guy from TCU, Eron Hodges...

I'm in the, "OKAYI Coach. Roll Tide!"
Terry or Brandon: With teams in CFB hiring more people for position as GM, like just now Kiffin is hiring Billy Glasscock ( How Ironic) as Ole Miss GM. He was at Texas as player personnel guy for 3 years and did same thing at NC State and Minnesota. Thoughts on that?

Terry or Brandon: With teams in CFB hiring more people for position as GM, like just now Kiffin is hiring Billy Glasscock ( How Ironic) as Ole Miss GM. He was at Texas as player personnel guy for 3 years and did same thing at NC State and Minnesota. Thoughts on that?
Freeze did the same thing several days ago.

I mentioned this in another thread. In threads where we've talked about a CFB commish, we've also mention the need for a GM for a program.

Several years ago when conversations revolving around CNS retiring that was one of the position suggested: not an AD, but a GM of football.

In my opinion, CKD's biggest W has when Morgan walked off the plane in Tuscaloosa. Bringing Eron in for a supporting role is big.

Just add to what Terry said...

On the GM thing... some schools handle it differently, but as college football continues an accelerated shift to a pro football model, more schools are mirroring that with their staffs (Saban brought the overall idea with him when he came to Alabama). Those higher off the field positions used to basically oversee 2 things... the current roster and recruiting. Now, it's both of those, plus the transfer portal, and NIL stuff (among other things). Someone who can oversee all of that and report straight to the HC can be valuable, as it gives the HC more time/freedom to focus on other things. But, it's still basically just a DPP with more responsibilities on the changed landscape of college football.

I was looking at possible OLB/ST coaches that would be available. I noticed that Shaud Williams is now the head strength and conditioning coach at Mississippi St. for Jeff Libby. Always liked him as a player…the smoke draw! Plus he has the same birthday as I do lol.

I was looking at possible OLB/ST coaches that would be available. I noticed that Shaud Williams is now the head strength and conditioning coach at Mississippi St. for Jeff Libby. Always liked him as a player…the smoke draw! Plus he has the same birthday as I do lol.
Prior relationships still lead to the believe it's William Inge.

I've seen way too many people freaking out about this Grubb to Seattle story. It's all hemming from Mike Florio's BS report that Grubb is interested in the Seattle OC position.

Let's pump our brakes a bit here I've already seen twitter and BOL boards spiraling out of control. These are just rumors and speculation. The actual source of Florio's report just said that "Seattle MIGHT be interested in Grubb" it didn't specify that he was interested, had taken calls, or interviewed.

I look back on last year when we wanted Grubb to be our OC and he politely turned us down. I don't think Grubb wants to just leave DeBoer if he's going to just get an OC spot. He seems like Kirby Smart type, trying to wait for a solid HC gig to open up and try to land that. I also think after this year, he will likely have a few HC offers and he may be gone.

I've seen way too many people freaking out about this Grubb to Seattle story. It's all hemming from Mike Florio's BS report that Grubb is interested in the Seattle OC position.

Let's pump our brakes a bit here I've already seen twitter and BOL boards spiraling out of control. These are just rumors and speculation. The actual source of Florio's report just said that "Seattle MIGHT be interested in Grubb" it didn't specify that he was interested, had taken calls, or interviewed.

I look back on last year when we wanted Grubb to be our OC and he politely turned us down. I don't think Grubb wants to just leave DeBoer if he's going to just get an OC spot. He seems like Kirby Smart type, trying to wait for a solid HC gig to open up and try to land that. I also think after this year, he will likely have a few HC offers and he may be gone.
Thanks I actually hope he stays a couple years. But, I know these Coordinators wanting to be a HC. But we’ll see! Roll Tide!

Back
Top Bottom