| PRO šŸˆ Alabama and the NFL Draft

Which is a reason why I could never fault a guy for opting out. Risk/reward is always in the eye of the beholder....

Dylan just won a National Championship and was a key cog.... But if he was sits out and is the last pick in the 1st round, he makes 10.8M ($5.4M signing bonus).

On the flip side there was a kid CSU - Warren Jackson. He was really highly regarded coming into the season as a 2nd day type of pick. Sat out last season and went undrafted!

IMO there is that clear difference between high profile, legit 1st round talents and nice prospects that are marginal talents. Nice to see a kid like Waddle get rewarded for not only playing the season, but coming back and fighting through that injury to contribute despite the risk.
Weā€™ll all agree that Moses was a key contributor to the 2020 season. But, did he standout? IMO, no (despite his postseason honors). Was it the 2019 injury? Was it the 2020 injury? Were his injuries a factor in not being drafted? Probably.

Which is a reason why I could never fault a guy for opting out. Risk/reward is always in the eye of the beholder....

Dylan just won a National Championship and was a key cog.... But if he was sits out and is the last pick in the 1st round, he makes 10.8M ($5.4M signing bonus).

On the flip side there was a kid CSU - Warren Jackson. He was really highly regarded coming into the season as a 2nd day type of pick. Sat out last season and went undrafted!

IMO there is that clear difference between high profile, legit 1st round talents and nice prospects that are marginal talents. Nice to see a kid like Waddle get rewarded for not only playing the season, but coming back and fighting through that injury to contribute despite the risk.

There were some NFL teams that held it against players who sat out, which I thought was interesting. But, if Moses could have sold it as his knee wasn't ready yet, it wouldn't have hurt him as bad as those that just opted out for most other reasons. I'm still surprised he wasn't drafted though. Even Dickerson, with his issues, went very high (though many teams had him way down their boards based on those issues). Either the medical reports were very bad on Moses or teams thought they were not getting all the info. Since he was a medical combine invitee, I figure it is the former.

There were some NFL teams that held it against players who sat out, which I thought was interesting. But, if Moses could have sold it as his knee wasn't ready yet, it wouldn't have hurt him as bad as those that just opted out for most other reasons. I'm still surprised he wasn't drafted though. Even Dickerson, with his issues, went very high (though many teams had him way down their boards based on those issues). Either the medical reports were very bad on Moses or teams thought they were not getting all the info. Since he was a medical combine invitee, I figure it is the former.

Great point. Either way he was not in great shape.... And probably why he should have came back.

And I agree, teams must have at least thought there was some inconclusive info. I remember reading an article recently that someone posted here where he said he played much of the season with a serious injury... Which wasn't eye opening... The eye opening part was that the training staff wasn't aware. Red flags went off in my head, because I'm pretty sure the Alabama training staff is as good as it gets. Something didn't add up there.

Weā€™ll all agree that Moses was a key contributor to the 2020 season. But, did he standout? IMO, no (despite his postseason honors). Was it the 2019 injury? Was it the 2020 injury? Were his injuries a factor in not being drafted? Probably.

While I agree with some of that... I have to point out that there is no way the 'D' finishes as strong as it did without the ILB orchestrating a lot of it. The communication was maximized and mental mistakes minimized down the stretch, and I'm sure he had a lot to do with that.

While I agree with some of that... I have to point out that there is no way the 'D' finishes as strong as it did without the ILB orchestrating a lot of it. The communication was maximized and mental mistakes minimized down the stretch, and I'm sure he had a lot to do with that.
No doubt. Like I said, he was a key contributor to the 2020 season. But did he stand out? When you compare his stats to those of LBs chosen in the draft, where does he fall? Jacksonville got a steal in terms of potential.

No doubt. Like I said, he was a key contributor to the 2020 season. But did he stand out? When you compare his stats to those of LBs chosen in the draft, where does he fall? Jacksonville got a steal in terms of potential.

Atleast he didn't have any homosexual assaults stories and other allegations like Micah Parsons. Another instance where the NFL isn't concerned with character as much as they blab their mouths about.

Great point. Either way he was not in great shape.... And probably why he should have came back.

And I agree, teams must have at least thought there was some inconclusive info. I remember reading an article recently that someone posted here where he said he played much of the season with a serious injury... Which wasn't eye opening... The eye opening part was that the training staff wasn't aware. Red flags went off in my head, because I'm pretty sure the Alabama training staff is as good as it gets. Something didn't add up there.

We just might hear a little more about how all this went down IF his parents aren't happy with the way it was handled. The Bama doctors have a reputation as well as the trainers for taking great care and caution with the players. We'll see.

We just might hear a little more about how all this went down IF his parents aren't happy with the way it was handled. The Bama doctors have a reputation as well as the trainers for taking great care and caution with the players. We'll see.
No person or staff is perfect and they all can make mistakes. I would be shocked if that was the case for Dylan as well. Certainly not anything with any malicious intent. Bama would have a lot to lose in that scenario. Leaves me to think the seriousness of his injury was not well understood by most of us.

Not only that, I believe Moses has Injury insurance in case he fell out of 1st round. He'll be just fine.

Just a guess here but.... He would have certainly had some sort of policy, at least through UA. But, I think Byrne said last year that they don't opt for the loss of value insurance, though it's possible that they made an exception with Moses. IMO, it is probably more likely he had the standard career ending policy through UA and had his own loss of value policy of separately (if he was eligible for one).

Just a guess here but.... He would have certainly had some sort of policy, at least through UA. But, I think Byrne said last year that they don't opt for the loss of value insurance, though it's possible that they made an exception with Moses. IMO, it is probably more likely he had the standard career ending policy through UA and had his own loss of value policy of separately (if he was eligible for one).

Geez... if anyone needed to get one it was him considering the injuries he's had over the years. I pray he did.

Back
Top Bottom