| PRO šŸˆ Alabama and the NFL Draft

Ok, almost all of this info is stuff I've heard from 2 different people who cover the Draft, one of which IMO, the best in the business.

-Shanahan wants Mac Jones, but the scouting department has been pushing Trey Lance. But they may need a guy that's ready now, and that's Mac Jones. If they take Lance, it'll be because the scouting side won out and they feel they have a short term plan at QB while Lance develops. Mac is a really good fit for that offense though (like Wilson is with the Jets). SF tried to land Andy Dalton and when that failed they decided to trade up so that they could grab a QB early. Many around the league feel that #3 is too high to grab Mac Jones (I tend to agree), but with the way teams go hard after QB's, that's what you have to do if you want to get your man.

-If Atlanta feels they can hold onto Julio and make things work financially, Pitts makes a ton of sense (win now). If not? They can field trade offers and possibly move down. Hard to pass up on Pitts regardless, dude is a mismatch nightmare.

-Depending on who the Bengals take (Chase?), they could trade down some or take Sewell.

-Miami really wants Pitts. They also love Waddle and Smith. Sewell could be too tough to pass up if the Bengals go Ja'Marr Chase.

-Like the Dolphins, the Lions also love Devonta and Waddle.

-Panthers have fielded lots of offers on trades for their spot.

-Fields likely won't fall past Denver. The Broncos want a QB.

-Everybody assumes the Cowboys will take either Surtain or Horn. That probably means they'll do no such thing. Also, there is a big drop off after those 2 guys at corner, so other teams with that need have been looking to trade up to grab them.

-Eagles have liked Waddle from the start of the process, but also have defensive needs, and Waddle may no longer be around.

-Patriots want a QB, but may have to trade up (maybe Mac Jones if he slides past SF?). A trade for Jimmy Garoppolo is the fall back plan if they can't grab one in the draft.

-Hard for people around the league to get a feel for what they Raiders will do in the draft because most seem to think they hardly know themselves.

-Miami has flexibility with their 18th pick. Could trade up if DeVonta slides? Could trade down for a different WR or Najee.

-The Steelers and Dolphins have loved Najee since Sr. Bowl week, but the 24th pick may be too high to grab him. Jets really like him too.

-The Packers had been looking hard at Kadarius Toney to try and appease Aaron Rodgers, but now that he's set the bridge on fire, who knows what they'll do.

-If Landon Dickerson sneaks into the 1st round, it very well could be as the Ravens 2nd selection.

-Barmore has a chance to sneak into round 1 too since the position is so weak this year. Tampa Bay? Maybe. Tampa returns all 22 starters so they can go literally any direction. Best available on their board regardless of position? Add depth to a certain spot? Barmore would make a lot of sense here.

Some of the knocks the that teams have against the Bama guys...

Jones- limited starts, mobility, arm strength.

Smith- size.

Waddle- not quite as polished as other top WR's in the class.

Surtain- some believe he has a lower ceiling than Horn.

Najee- lacks some speed and burst.

Dickerson- really bad medicals, some teams have him way, way down their boards solely based on that. Ravens really like him though. As do the Steelers.

Barmore- his team has had to spend a lot of time trying to convince teams that he can stay on path, on and off the field.

Leatherwood- seemed to level off in terms of his improvement last season and lacks a bit of a mean streak.

Deonta Brown has worked hard since the season ended and may have really helped himself. He cut his weight from 364 to 344 from late Jan to late March. Not sure where it is now, but he needed to get it down more so that he would be more attractive to different schemes.

-Lastly, Kirby being Kirby. At the end of the season, Kirby tried to talk a couple of guys into staying at UGA. The one he pushed the hardest was edge rusher Azeez Ojulari. Kirby showed Ojulari NFL paperwork that had him as a 5th round grade. Problem is, the paperwork was old and the evaluation was from before the season ever even began. Obviously, Ojulari got a hold of the updated evaluations that gave him a 1st round grade and he was out the door. Now, his combine medicals did raise red flags with some teams, but that's a different story.
Tip of the hat to you sir, you called several

Glad Najee gets to play for my Steelers. Very happy for all the UA guys who are fulfilling their dreams and I hope they all make a metric shit ton of money. I hope San Fran shits the bed and their legs grow together for passing on Mac. I am far from a Patriots fan but I hope Mac has a great career there

Glad Najee gets to play for my Steelers. Very happy for all the UA guys who are fulfilling their dreams and I hope they all make a metric shit ton of money. I hope San Fran shits the bed and their legs grow together for passing on Mac. I am far from a Patriots fan but I hope Mac has a great career there

ALL this! ^^ 100%

1619830097221.png

Can't wait to see Najee play for my Steelers!

@Elderfalsedemigod I really wanted the Steelers to take Kyle Trask with that second round pick. A TE is a need, sure, but the QB position is a great need. Resigning Rudolph for another year and Big Ben's swan song isn't the ...

(need a drink)

From your lips to Gods ear. Said same thing to a buddy today. I really felt Trask would have been a value and a good fit. I simply canā€™t stand Rudolph and I really donā€™t expect Ben to play out another full season without injury.

Gotcha. The kid can play if he's an early 3rd rounder... Our roster is somethin' else!
I agree. I thought the name sounded familiar. I looked it up, said he played in 13 games as a freshman in 2016. Surprises me that he left after that much PT, even if special teams. Central Florida was much closer to hike for him, for what thatā€™s worth. He can play!

Most of that info comes from a friend who covers the NFL Draft for a living. The contacts he has and the info he can get would make some Vegas insiders blush. Met a couple of other good draft guys by virtue of working with him in the past, but he's top shelf.

The Kirby information is telling. He's never playing the long game, just seeing what's at the end of his nose. Lie to a kid to keep him hanging past draft day, without understanding that kids will talk about the coach not having your best interest when it comes to the NFL. Steal recruiting information on your way out and negatively leverage it against your mentor. Hell of a recruiter, but I just have to see this catching up with him. UGA's maintained their level of recruiting longer than I thought. Funny how Propst's dirty recruiting story on UGA was a contemporary story, while his on Bama was several decades old.

RTR,

Tim

and Hurts gets to throw to Smitty.
Is interesting hearing these guys talk about the "former Bama connection" with these two and we're not hearing any OU references. We certainly heard "OU" a lot over the last few years.
UGA's maintained their level of recruiting longer than I thought.
How so? Did you think Kirby's stuff would come back on him quickly and reflect in their recruiting rankings? UGA has always recruited well. And, that "good ol boy" network is running at its best.

Best take Iā€™ve seen from Farrell in like FOREVER!!

I remember when he transferred to Bama, many thought he was just a piece to add depth. Even Cubelic at the time pretty much said such on his show. To his credit, he has since eaten crow on that (numerous times), apologized to Landon in person, and become one of his biggest fans.

Back
Top Bottom