| PRO šŸˆ Alabama and the NFL Draft

RTB.com

Site Administration
Staff
Next Thursday the 29th, starting at 8:00PM and ending Saturday, May 1st.

A total of 58 prospects will attend the 2021 NFL Draft, either in person or virtually, and Alabama will be well-represented with nine players set to participate -- more than any school.

On Friday, the NFL announced 13 players will attend Thursdayā€™s first round. Alabama has five:

Mac Jones,
DeVonta Smith,
Jaylen Waddle,
Patrick Surtain II,
and Christian Barmore.

Another group of 45 players will be attending the draft virtually. Alabama has four:

Landon Dickerson,
Alex Leatherwood,
Najee Harris,
and Dylan Moses.

Be glad when its done...with all these "experts" who are just talking heads...
That know more than the professional football teams hired "experts"....................( sometimes it plays out they do though)
.....end up calling it the "nick saban football league"...

Most defensive linemen drafted since 2000

26 - Alabama
26 - Ohio State
25 - LSU
24 - Florida
23 - FSU
21 - Clemson
21 - Miami
20 - Texas
19 - Auburn
19 - Georgia
18 - Penn State
17 - Michigan
17 - Tennessee
16 - Utah
15 - Nebraska
15 - USC
And that includes 5-7 lean years for Bama.

I've seen a lot of clips on why San Fran shouldn't take Mac with their third pick. I've also seen a few fans say they've detected a racial tone to the coverage, "we don't need another white QB when ..."

I've been skeptical and then I see this branch of ESPN tweet this:

There were 10 black QB's that started last season; possibly 11 this season. The four highest paid QB's in the NFL, black. BUT they continue to push a lie.

Im sorry but i just see multiple red flags on justin fields and a couple more QBā€™s in this draft that they are trying to rank ahead of Mac .

Its come out recently that justin suffers from Epilepsy. Not sure if a team wants to invest a early 1st rounder on a player with a disabling disease. Not to mention that he struggled against decent to good defenses. Neither could he beat out Jake Fromm.

I for the life of me can't see why a team would choose Trey Lance over Mac. But the NFL has shown MANY MANY times over the years that as smart and thorough as they think they are, they are still showing how dumb they are.

The hits on Mac....
.....not mobile( but Brady isnā€™t either....and Tuaā€™s mobilty cost him his season)
.....anybody could be great with 4-5 first round receivers...and Najee
.....only started one year...( yeah, behind Tua n Hurts..both starters in nfl)

...blaaa..blaaa..blaaa...

talking heads..and Bama fatigue ...
Mac be better off going later to better team...

I just do not get the absolute love for Fields. All I ever get is how mobile he is and how he will be ready day one to be the starter. But his games against good defenses show he is nowhere near ready and probably never will be. Sure he can run around in the pocket, but if his first read is covered he can't do anything.
This happens every year. Rumors and accusations start to come out about potential draft picks to make them less appealing. Whatā€™s happening is that lower draft pick teams, and some high pick teams, start floating these rumors to throw other teams off the trail and squash potential draft pick trades or to get a player to fall into their range.

This happens every year. Rumors and accusations start to come out about potential draft picks to make them less appealing. Whatā€™s happening is that lower draft pick teams, and some high pick teams, start floating these rumors to throw other teams off the trail and squash potential draft pick trades or to get a player to fall into their range.

yep.....these GMs and coaches.....surely donā€™t listen to that crap....they have look...watched...evaluated...
Remember we most all thought AJ would be a high pick....

he will get good money wherever he goes....

Mac played on a great team...maybe greatest team in CF history...
Great players and coaches around him...
(except for 1-2 of those assistants....)

just have to seehow it plays out....
I would like for him to goto Patriots....as lower pick

yep.....these GMs and coaches.....surely donā€™t listen to that crap....they have look...watched...evaluated...

The GMs and coaches are some of the biggest spreaders of the rat poison

I didnā€™t think AJ would become an early round pick but I sure hoped he would be given a fair shot at starting. Nonetheless, I think Macā€™s a much better QB than AJ was for a number of reasons. First and foremost his football IQ or mental acuity or whatever one wants to call it is many levels above AJā€™s. Mac processes information extremely quickly and is decisive in getting the ball out of his hands quickly. Secondly, heā€™s amazingly accurate with his throws. Sure he had perhaps the greatest sets of receivers of any team in history but he put the ball on the money to those receivers while in stride the vast majority of the time. AJ did not have that kind of accuracy or timing. Thirdly, Mac exudes pocket presence and in spite of his lack of elite athleticism he moves around the pocket well and always with his feet and shoulders right where they should be. So, not only were his ā€œunder duressā€ passes more accurate he also didnā€™t get sacked nearly as often as AJ did. Granted, he played behind a great OL, AJ played behind some pretty good lines too. Anyway, theyā€™re both winners, both are good leaders ... and most importantly both are apparently good men. I just happen to think Macā€™s a much better QB. Of course, none of the NFL decision makers care a wit about what I think ... nor I expect do some of my fellow Bama fans either!

E0AQLF5VgAMU8q6

Back
Top Bottom