| PRO šŸˆ Alabama and the NFL Draft

Nobody needing a Line Backer or Guard? Weird

Moses was a top 30 pick without the injury issues. Just really unfortunate for him, but someone should get a bargain if he can stay healthy. Brown is going to have to prove to a team that he can keep his weight down and/or play effectively with the extra pounds. His size limits the schemes he can fit in.

Moses was a top 30 pick without the injury issues. Just really unfortunate for him, but someone should get a bargain if he can stay healthy. Brown is going to have to prove to a team that he can keep his weight down and/or play effectively with the extra pounds. His size limits the schemes he can fit in.

Not sure about top 30... the measurables and athleticism were always there, but the instincts never appeared 1st round-ish (to my amateur eye).

After dropping this far, kind of makes ya wonder if coming back for yet another year would have benefited him. He and L. Ray could have been on the "prove it" campaign.

Not sure about top 30... the measurables and athleticism were always there, but the instincts never appeared 1st round-ish (to my amateur eye).

That was never an issue before his 2 knee injures. I think his lack of explosiveness in 2020 made many think he lacked instincts, which IMO isn't true. Teams grade guys positively and negatively on all sorts of different things, but it's my understanding the red flags raised on Moses are almost exclusively injury related. If he had opted out last season, or never had the season-ending injury in the 2019 pre-season, he'd have been one of the top LB's on the boards. NFL scouts had been keeping close tabs on him since he was a freshman. Just bad luck for him.

That was never an issue before his 2 knee injures. I think his lack of explosiveness in 2020 made many think he lacked instincts, which IMO isn't true. Teams grade guys positively and negatively on all sorts of different things, but it's my understanding the red flags raised on Moses are almost exclusively injury related. If he had opted out last season, or never had the season-ending injury in the 2019 pre-season, he'd have been one of the top LB's on the boards. NFL scouts had been keeping close tabs on him since he was a freshman. Just bad luck for him.
No matter the reason, I feel really bad for Dylan. Since the 8th grade heā€™s been put on a pedestal and although his injuries made his perch on that pedestal tenuous, he remained on it. However, as each round passed him by in the draft the past few days, the pedestal teetered under his feet until both it and he came crashing down when the last name called today wasnā€™t his. That had to have been a devastating blow to his psyche. My hope is he will use it as motivation to prove the NFL teamā€™s experts wrong ... instead of allowing it to crush his spirit.

No matter the reason, I feel really bad for Dylan. Since the 8th grade heā€™s been put on a pedestal and although his injuries made his perch on that pedestal tenuous, he remained on it. However, as each round passed him by in the draft the past few days, the pedestal teetered under his feet until both it and he came crashing down when the last name called today wasnā€™t his. That had to have been a devastating blow to his psyche. My hope is he will use it as motivation to prove the NFL teamā€™s experts wrong ... instead of allowing it to crush his spirit.

I hope he has a long, healthy, and lucrative career. He certainly deserves it. Also worth noting, Jags GM Trent Baalke has a history of taking a flyer on players with injury issues. Often times, it is a gamble that pays dividends. I bet that'll be the case with Moses (especially grabbing him at a FA discount).

Which is a reason why I could never fault a guy for opting out. Risk/reward is always in the eye of the beholder....

Dylan just won a National Championship and was a key cog.... But if he was sits out and is the last pick in the 1st round, he makes 10.8M ($5.4M signing bonus).

On the flip side there was a kid CSU - Warren Jackson. He was really highly regarded coming into the season as a 2nd day type of pick. Sat out last season and went undrafted!

IMO there is that clear difference between high profile, legit 1st round talents and nice prospects that are marginal talents. Nice to see a kid like Waddle get rewarded for not only playing the season, but coming back and fighting through that injury to contribute despite the risk.

Back
Top Bottom