| MBB/WBB Alabama @ #6 Tennessee (Saturday - 1pm - ESPN2)

10 point game with an opportunity to close the lead. TN misses a 3 and Nelson has a chance for a board. Instead tips it right to a TN and player and gives up a 3. This guy has been a huge disappointment this season.

So far, Griffen is the only one that doesn't look scared of the competition. Everyone has is so flustered because of their D and playing soft. Pringle fell down and his body language was so awful when he got up. Team is lacking good leadership and a killer instinct.

They can get back into this game if they start pushing the pace and attacking the rim more. Griffen and Estrada both didn't have much trouble on their drives. Everyone else just needs to wake up.
Protect the dang ball and play hard on D end w/o fouling. If they do this they have a chance. The Viles need to be held to 30 points or less and sub 5 turnovers in the 2nd half. Need to start moving the ball and stop the dribbling around forever. Hit free throws at a high rate.

At least so far this year this team has not had to really bad halves so maybe they turn it around if they have not dug to deep of a hole. The problem is the Viles play really good D so it will make it hard.

Took my daughter shopping today, so missing the game. Why does Sears not have any 3 attempts? We need all the threes we can get to stay in this ball game. We should have known that before the game. We are ahooting well inside the arch. I see they have way more shots than we do, but we are hitting well when we shoot outside of three pointers.

Took my daughter shopping today, so missing the game. Why does Sears not have any 3 attempts? We need all the threes we can get to stay in this ball game. We should have known that before the game. We are ahooting well inside the arch. I see they have way more shots than we do, but we are hitting well when we shoot outside of three pointers.
The Viles extended the D to the three point line and we are late defending the 3 pointer. Also I think Sears is still a step slow with the ankle issue. Even with all of that cut turnvoers in half and it is likely a single digit deficit.

On local radio here this morning, the UT insiders were saying this would be an easy win for the Vols. I didn’t expect a win, but I thought it would be a close game. Looks like they were right and I was wrong. Down 19 with 10 to play.

On local radio here this morning, the UT insiders were saying this would be an easy win for the Vols. I didn’t expect a win, but I thought it would be a close game. Looks like they were right and I was wrong. Down 19 with 10 to play.

Had a feeling it wouldn't be real pretty... Bama doesn't handle physical defense like that very well, plus it's on the road, and Sears is still hurt. The good news (maybe?)... I thought Bama's only path to a win over auburn was a loss today. That's going to be a tough one too though...

Had a feeling it wouldn't be real pretty... Bama doesn't handle physical defense like that very well, plus it's on the road, and Sears is still hurt. The good news (maybe?)... I thought Bama's only path to a win over auburn was a loss today. That's going to be a tough one too though...
When you turn the ball over every other possession, shoot poorly, play one on one basketball and give subpar effort you get dominated by 20+ points. Intersting to hear if Oats tries to put a spin on this one or calls it for what it is.

Got ran out of the building. Lost by 20+.... Maybe Oats will stop talking about defending and winning the SEC and double down on getting better effort, playing better D and protecting the ball. The protecting the Ball and D crap have been an on going issue all year.

After the game and time to think about it. I think Oat's comments are pretty much on point. We didn't play our game today at all, we spent the entire time trying to match their physical fouling game. We didn't find open looks and forced things. Our effort for rebounds was god awful. Turnovers plagued us. That was the worst game I've seen since last years Oklahoma game from the MBB team.

Gotta let it all go and just start fresh and beat the shit out of Auburn on Wednesday.

Only took UA 6 hours to get the Oats postgame press conference up on YT...

A few notes from the pressure that I noted:
  • "if you do not defend you do not play for coach Barnes" - This is how it should be at Bama. Add if you turn the ball over you do not play either.
  • No comment about poor D. Was this scheme or effort?
  • Acknolwledged some effor issues but seamed to sugar coat it,
  • No mention of how stale the offense was when the ball was not moving. Simply dribbled around and tried to go one on one time after time. The closest he got to this was mentioning we were not beating anyone off the dribble. When you saw that as a coach why not change the strategy?
  • We are 18 games into the season so why are we still having the turnover/D issues?
  • Why is it Barnes is able to get great effort and D consistently year after year and Bama is up and down? The jimmies and joes and getting blindsided with the departures from last years team?
  • I would have done my press conference in front of something other than that hideous back drop which advertised the Viles.
I was expecting this two game stretch to be 0-2 but was hoping for 1-1. Not sure that will happen but maybe at home we will get a much better performance from Bama. You had to know the Viles and now the Barn want to embarass Oats as he has a tendency to run his mouth when things are going well like last year.

Back
Top Bottom