| FTBL A new chapter for Bama Football

Kirk Van de Graaff

Gravity Checker
Staff
It about that time of year again, you know, when you start looking through your closet and getting out your lucky cap, and Jersey.

I have to be honest here, I am expecting Bama to do better this year, with Coach Saban leading our boys, I feel a warm and fuzzy feeling overcoming me. This feeling is a different feeling, a confident feeling, a feeling that has me even more jacked up about Alabama Football.

I honestly do feel The Tide is changing. (Pun Intended) I feel this team finally has a leader worth his salt. The sports media talks more about Bama, and thats a clear sign that things are changing. One example, I have learned more about the different types of Summer drills and how they handle them. How players on their own are holding theirselves accountable and are starting to challenge teammates to a higher standard. I would give anything to suit up and be a part of this Process right now.

As a small boy, I have pretended to be every player from The Snake to Steadman Shealy, Major Ogilvie, Derrick Thomas,and other greats. I have watched through the years with joy, agony, hope, disappointment to a downright leap of faith for what we have going on now.

I remember how proud I was to get my first Bama Jersey, and when the inevitable stain tarnished it. Making sure I got even with the Barner that did it.

I was sitting on my recliner looking at my sons, seeing them with all their Bama gear on. Knowing full well they are proud of their Bama gear.
I can't wait till they really get it, when it really sinks in how cool it is to be a Tide Fan.

When I sit down with my sons and watch this team we have win it on the field, I am going to cherish it, and hope that my boys feel like I did back in the Bryant days.

I feel it, and I intend to guide my sons through this process. I am going to have the time of my life watching Bama with them. I want our next generation to feel what I have felt when it comes to Alabama Football. There ain't nothing like it. Man I am glad they are finally going to see a competitive Bama Squad.

To all the fans of this great Tradition, I think we are going to start enjoying our ride a little bit more this year, and years to come. Just my thoughts. August can't come soon enough!!!

Roll Tide! Beat Auburn!!!!

Very well said Mr.66. I can relate to alot of what you are saying. I think we will be a little better than alot of people think. Still plenty of work to do but this year a solid foundation will be laid for years to come.
Yes sir, I remember my boys as younger kids and watching the games. They're both bout grown now, 19,and 18. Thankfully we still watch those games together and every game is a special time for the three of us. Soon the outcome of those games will add more enjoyment and excitement to our experience!

Well said my friend!!!

I cant wait to build memmories like that with my son. He just turned one so it will be a little bit before he will site down and watch game with dad. It will make my day when he does.

That was a great post. I love this time of year when people are all starting to get pretty hot for the first Bama football game.

It's right around the corner guys.

Roll Tide!

Bama1966 said:
It about that time of year again, you know, when you start looking through your closet and getting out your lucky cap, and Jersey.

I have to be honest here, I am expecting Bama to do better this year, with Coach Saban leading our boys, I feel a warm and fuzzy feeling overcoming me. This feeling is a different feeling, a confident feeling, a feeling that has me even more jacked up about Alabama Football.

I honestly do feel The Tide is changing. (Pun Intended) I feel this team finally has a leader worth his salt. The sports media talks more about Bama, and thats a clear sign that things are changing. One example, I have learned more about the different types of Summer drills and how they handle them. How players on their own are holding theirselves accountable and are starting to challenge teammates to a higher standard. I would give anything to suit up and be a part of this Process right now.

As a small boy, I have pretended to be every player from The Snake to Steadman Shealy, Major Ogilvie, Derrick Thomas,and other greats. I have watched through the years with joy, agony, hope, disappointment to a downright leap of faith for what we have going on now.

I remember how proud I was to get my first Bama Jersey, and when the inevitable stain tarnished it. Making sure I got even with the Barner that did it.

I was sitting on my recliner looking at my sons, seeing them with all their Bama gear on. Knowing full well they are proud of their Bama gear.
I can't wait till they really get it, when it really sinks in how cool it is to be a Tide Fan.

When I sit down with my sons and watch this team we have win it on the field, I am going to cherish it, and hope that my boys feel like I did back in the Bryant days.

I feel it, and I intend to guide my sons through this process. I am going to have the time of my life watching Bama with them. I want our next generation to feel what I have felt when it comes to Alabama Football. There ain't nothing like it. Man I am glad they are finally going to see a competitive Bama Squad.

To all the fans of this great Tradition, I think we are going to start enjoying our ride a little bit more this year, and years to come. Just my thoughts. August can't come soon enough!!!

Roll Tide! Beat Auburn!!!!
;sal

Back
Top Bottom