| RECRUIT A$M just added another 5 Star to their record breaking 2022 class

Davestwin

Overton, a 5 Star 2023 player from Georgia reclassified to the 2022 class and signed with A$M. They now have 8 - 5 Stars in that NIL fueled class. At the time, I didn’t think Bama’s 2021 247 Composite scoring record would be broken for years if at all. Of course, I didn’t know then about NIL and how Jimbo and his ultra wealthy boosters would use it to sign a total of 27 - 4 and 5 Star players. He can scream and rant about the “clown” and scold Saban all he wants but nothing else makes sense. I think “the clown” and Saban nailed it and that pissed Jimbo off. On a hopeful note, if he can’t win a NC at A$M very soon after buying this unbelievable class, the boosters might pull the money bag strings tighter in coming years.

Anyway, now that we’re seeing the early results of NIL are you in favor of it? Do you think it will be reigned in anytime soon?

Overton, a 5 Star 2023 player from Georgia reclassified to the 2022 class and signed with A$M. They now have 8 - 5 Stars in that NIL fueled class. At the time, I didn’t think Bama’s 2021 247 Composite scoring record would be broken for years if at all. Of course, I didn’t know then about NIL and how Jimbo and his ultra wealthy boosters would use it to sign a total of 27 - 4 and 5 Star players. He can scream and rant about the “clown” and scold Saban all he wants but nothing else makes sense. I think “the clown” and Saban nailed it and that pissed Jimbo off. On a hopeful note, if he can’t win a NC at A$M very soon after buying this unbelievable class, the boosters might pull the money bag strings tighter in coming years.

Anyway, now that we’re seeing the early results of NIL are you in favor of it? Do you think it will be reigned in anytime soon?

Was nice ideal that turned into the worse thing for COllege sports ever....
It has professionalized the games....

To get money for signing balls or hats.....ok...having a few bucks for putting name of a game or jersey...ok
But gettingmega XXX$ for signing with any school....no way
For getting a mercedes just for showing up at a show room....bullshit

Wait til IRS gets involved...

And A$M....putting a bunch of these classses together...and then managing the players...not as easy as it might appear....

We’ll see...

having all that talent doesn't always make for a good team... Could be a case of a lot of ego and no leadership. And I'm talking both a lack of leadership from the team and from the coaches.

We'll see how well this turns out... but if I was betting, I'd bet it doesn't end well.

Back
Top Bottom