| FTBL A look at Tommy Rees

I like the pistol formation in 12 personnel. I always thought the Bama backs excelled out of the pistol. More so than in a shotgun or spread formation. And someone mentioned bringing back the screen game. I can agree with that as long as it's not overdone like Kiffin did. The thing that Sark and Kiffin did so well was using motion and formations to create mismatches and confusion for the defense. That's the biggest gripe I had with BoB, because the NFL mindset doesn't use multiple formations and pre snap motion.

Sark will find a way to score.

Bama D > Texas D
Texas O > Bama O

It's pretty much a wash.

With Bama treating it like any other game and Texas motivated by last year, it won't be an easy game.
Not the right way to look at this. What is needed is Bama's offense against Texas Defense needs to be better than Texas Offense against Bama's Defense. Oh and this is in Tuscaloosa. I do not disagree that this will not be easy but Bama wins this game at home. Bama is currently a 7 point favorite.

Sark will find a way to score.

Bama D > Texas D
Texas O > Bama O

It's pretty much a wash.

With Bama treating it like any other game and Texas motivated by last year, it won't be an easy game.
IF we included the TE's with the WR's I'd call the two offenses a wash. Texas does not have a better OL or RB room.

BUT, the way TE's are used in the offense, if we include them with the OL, Bama carries the advantage. The group has had a great off-season.

The advantage I see for the short horns is at the QB position and we have new coordinators. Tx defenses have been horrible for many years now. I mean Vandy bad...

The advantage I see for the short horns is at the QB position and we have new coordinators. Tx defenses have been horrible for many years now. I mean Vandy bad...

It's really crazy how badly Texas has recruited on defense as well as the lines of scrimmage. Sark understood this from the beginning as to why he has done a good job recruiting OL. However... the DL is suspect. There's only one way to see at this point.

I wish this game was a noon game like they did to us last year. And I wish we'd run over them & again & again & again like 13 year-old running a zero-turn mower over a dust past. They'd wilt by mid 2nd quarter. It'll probably happen by mid 3rd since it is at night.

It's really crazy how badly Texas has recruited on defense as well as the lines of scrimmage. Sark understood this from the beginning as to why he has done a good job recruiting OL. However... the DL is suspect. There's only one way to see at this point.

I wish this game was a noon game like they did to us last year. And I wish we'd run over them & again & again & again like 13 year-old running a zero-turn mower over a dust past. They'd wilt by mid 2nd quarter. It'll probably happen by mid 3rd since it is at night.
No noon games in September in Tuscaloosa. They are dangerous.

Back
Top Bottom