| FTBL In my view, Tommy Rees is on the same level as Lane, and Sark. Maybe a step higher.

Sark: motion creates opportunities.
Lane: Big play capability.
Rees: Adaption. He's calling schemes to create opportunities, and we've still got the big plays.

I'm weighing these thoughts against my crimson colored glasses...

Folks, I believe we've seen some of the best coaching we've seen in years. Take a minute...and...

Process.
The improvement that Milroe has shown on the field from last year to this year AND from the start of this season to now is incredible.

We are very vanilla the first 3-4 games. We are self scouting determining personnel and schemes going forward. Us playing vanilla and the motivated opponent having a chance to beat us makes us look in disarray. A few years back vs a nobody in September, we worked on our passing game. Several missed assignments and sacks. All of us are bitching, won the remaining games I think. This is part of the process.

I feel there are still a lot of headscratching plays and drives where I had nk clue what he was thinking. I'm with @It Takes Eleven in that I believe the line started kicking tail and the receivers made their presence felt. Credit where credit is due though, he got into a grove and the offense was vetter than where it started.

So, I was thinking about this while having a cup of coffee. Coach Rees has done a remarkable job this year. At the begining of the year I'm certain he had a plan and a vision for what the offensive identity was going to be. Through the first three games it was more about determing who would lead. Once that was settled, Rees became more comfortable each week with calling plays to exploit the strengths of the play makers. Opposing defenses don't stay the same either. So, he has had to adapt play calling based on what that weeks defense was doing and ultimately unveiling new wrinkles when they were ready and needed (i.e. Milroe designed runs). I think he has done a remarkable job this year and needs to be recognized for that.
That said, can he please take a beat and figure out the damn snap issue!? RTR!

I think Milroe is and always was a beast in waiting. Simpson will be good too. When you see all of the QBs struggling, there is more to it than just the QB. The O-Line is the measuring point, they got better. Milroe is a stud, period, his abilities are Heisman mention type. It takes the O-line a lot of snaps and feel for each other to gel than people realize. So, as the O-line got better everything around it got better. JMHO.

Sark: motion creates opportunities.
Lane: Big play capability.
Rees: Adaption. He's calling schemes to create opportunities, and we've still got the big plays.

I'm weighing these thoughts against my crimson colored glasses...

Folks, I believe we've seen some of the best coaching we've seen in years. Take a minute...and...

Process.
Sark is prob the best play caller in college football, IMO. Rees still has some growing to do, but he is getting there for sure. Rees will be a high commodity very soon and a HC somewhere. I am just guessing here, Saban got in his ass and got him under wraps, and he has improved and now thriving. We have definitely seen some of the best Coaching in years.

Sark is prob the best play caller in college football, IMO. Rees still has some growing to do, but he is getting there for sure. Rees will be a high commodity very soon and a HC somewhere. I am just guessing here, Saban got in his ass and got him under wraps, and he has improved and now thriving. We have definitely seen some of the best Coaching in years.
At one point yesterday it showed Saban getting on somebody’s ass on the headset, I assumed it had to have been Rees

In terms of their time at UA... Sark was a really good gameplanner, a pre-game weakness exploiter... Kiffin had a great feel for in-game calls, an in-game weakness exploiter... I see Rees as a mixture of both, but still evolving, still learning.... which at his age and experience level is certainly expected. My understanding is he's great about working with others, collaborating, appreciates input, etc... something that guys like Kiffin were not always receptive to. He's been fantastic though and has proven this year that he can and will take different paths, he's not stubborn like many OC's. His potential is really exciting, there's obviously a reason guys like Kelly and Kirby wanted him...

I like coach Rees. But it boggles my mind when it's 3rd down and 4, we send our receivers on 10, 20 or 30 yard routes. I believe we should run shorter routes to get the first instead of swinging for the fences. I don't get that. Or when we are really close to the end zone, and we try passing it, instead of just power running it in.

I’m not putting him on Sark’s level until I see annihilation in a NC game. Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but he kept the D on their heels for entire games. WR we’re running wide open. We had 4 3-and-outs last night and another 3 and field goal. Some of it is Milroe’s accuracy and some him taking huge sacks. But not on those 5 possessions. We’ve improved greatly, obviously, and maybe he gets there in another year. But Sark is is rare air for me.

I like coach Rees. But it boggles my mind when it's 3rd down and 4, we send our receivers on 10, 20 or 30 yard routes. I believe we should run shorter routes to get the first instead of swinging for the fences. I don't get that. Or when we are really close to the end zone, and we try passing it, instead of just power running it in.
This.... There are times that there does not appear to be a checkdown and the pattern is 10+ yards down the field. The drive we had in the 4th qtr when Georgia got it 20-17 was a bunch of check downs to #17. Had him in the flats and short crossing patterns. Doing so gave Milroe an easy throw and an option other than take a sack.

I’m not putting him on Sark’s level until I see annihilation in a NC game. Maybe I’m remembering wrong, but he kept the D on their heels for entire games. WR we’re running wide open. We had 4 3-and-outs last night and another 3 and field goal. Some of it is Milroe’s accuracy and some him taking huge sacks. But not on those 5 possessions. We’ve improved greatly, obviously, and maybe he gets there in another year. But Sark is is rare air for me.
Sark had multiple first round receivers to get the ball to. With that said the 2nd half was not a very good half for the offense. Fortunate that we got a turnover and then we did get one other scoring drive and then the final drive to milk the clock (all Milroe runs). Other than that our offense struggled in the 2nd half.

Back
Top Bottom