| FTBL Tommy Rees named one of college football's most interesting new coordinators

I honestly don’t know what a homer system is. It’s not going to be like three runs a cloud of dust is it?
Homer Smith was perhaps the smartest offensive mind EVER in college football! Man held multiple degrees, with one or two coming from Ivy League schools. The system would mix I with Wing T , 1 and 2 back shotgun and spread style passing, with hard play action deep shots. Lamonde Russell was our leading receiver at the TE position in ‘89, my freshman year. Siran Stacey was our leading rusher and Kevin Turner was our #2 or #3 receiver from the fullback position. If you get time, watch the link below. We were down 21 nothing and absolutely UNLOADED on the Rebs.

Or this gem against the Viles!!

Blast from the past. Names I have not thought about in a loooong time. Great memories. Remember both games. The Ole Miss game was bizarre. go from 21 down to a blow out. Insane game. Oh and it is always good to beat the Viles.

Good defenses can figure that out pretty easily, pretty sure why we went away from that. Georgia’s defense will be able to stop that kind of offense easily
It doesn't matter whether it's a good defense or a good defense coordinator can figure it out. We had a good DC, and we didn't adjust our game plan on defense against Tennessee where we could've stopped them, but we didn't. Few weeks later, Georgia stopped them cold. I don't know why you brought Georgia in this... They struggled against Kent State, Missouri and partly against Tennessee.

It doesn't matter whether it's a good defense or a good defense coordinator can figure it out. We had a good DC, and we didn't adjust our game plan on defense against Tennessee where we could've stopped them, but we didn't. Few weeks later, Georgia stopped them cold. I don't know why you brought Georgia in this... They struggled against Kent State, Missouri and partly against Tennessee.

A good defensive coordinator? Gracious alive, thought we were past all of that. A good defensive coordinator adjusts, plain and simple, end of argument. A good defensive coordinator finds ways to win when their offense puts up on average 35 points a game. Georgia went undefeated, so there is a clear difference in that and having two losses no matter how they occurred. Finding a way to win in a long season is most of the battle. No team will ever just dominate from the first whistle of the first game till the last whistle in a Natty, it's impossible. Admittingly I was dumb enough to get into this discussion again. Apologies to everyone else.

A good defensive coordinator? Gracious alive, thought we were past all of that. A good defensive coordinator adjusts, plain and simple, end of argument. A good defensive coordinator finds ways to win when their offense puts up on average 35 points a game. Georgia went undefeated, so there is a clear difference in that and having two losses no matter how they occurred. Finding a way to win in a long season is most of the battle. No team will ever just dominate from the first whistle of the first game till the last whistle in a Natty, it's impossible. Admittingly I was dumb enough to get into this discussion again. Apologies to everyone else.
I was dumb enough to get involved in this debate, but its' too late. we all got suckered into this.. might as well finish this :D

I don't have issue with what you're saying. I was making point that Rees is the type that will call 3 same plays in a row because opposing team's defense can't stop it, no matter what they do.

I was dumb enough to get involved in this debate, but its' too late. we all got suckered into this.. might as well finish this :D

I don't have issue with what you're saying. I was making point that Rees is the type that will call 3 same plays in a row because opposing team's defense can't stop it, no matter what they do.

Ha ha, we're all such suckers.

Back
Top Bottom