| FOOD 1 Food You Can't Stand

You don’t eat turkey or ham? My son growing couldn’t wait for me to make my turkey & ham salad after the holiday was over. The turkey carcass was always used to make stock for a batch of gumbo later

Post holiday turkey gumbo is one of life's great pleasures. It's always different than any of my other gumbos. And I rarely do "green" gumbos, but I will add leftover collards to a post-T'giving turkey gumbo. I've even been known to throw a dollop of cranberry sauce on top of a piping hot bowl. I know .... it gets crazy around here. LOL

Seems like all the best food is somehow rooted to poor subcultures. Low country with the Gullahs seems a lot like bayou country with the Creoles. I need to get over and spend more time over there in low country.
Most consider Gullah to be a group of people; true. What a lot don't know is it also refers to their language...which, coincidentally, is considered Creole based.

Yogurt I can't stand the taste and the smell is 10x worse. But on the side note, My wife can't stand buttermilk and I love it! I can understand about her dislike of buttermilk. Her mother would make her drink it as a punishment.

One more thing how do you make Gullah?

Back
Top Bottom