| FTBL Worst officiating [merged thread]

I think the lesson learned is if Bama handles business like they are supposed to and score like they should, we don't get in a position where a bunch of circus monkey refs can pull junk like they were doing. It was blatantly obvious that they were trying to put Kentucky back in it.

bear facts said:
Listen, Kentucky's defense deserves some props with all that has been taking place. They've come to play.

Yep, seriously if I wasn't an Alabama fan I'd be pulling for them today. They schooled us pretty bad. :?

First im kinda pissed

Second.....

If personally we have to blame the ref's or say they sucked that means that we didnt play good football!!!
Ref's dont decide the game. its the 22 players on the field!

Its stupid to think that they only helping ref's!

I have an idea! How about you try it and tell me how hard it is!

I ref football. Three weeks ago i was on ESPN and next week i will be on FSN. I miss calls. EVERYONE DOES! thats how life goes! But to think that refs chose a team or they favor a team is the stupidest thing ever! You try to ref!!!

HALF of your guys couldn't even run done the field much less make a split-second call with 92,000 people yelling at you!!!

you guys couldn't ref Pop Warner football!!!

So before you bag on the ref's try it yourself!!!
Trust me!!

So lets all go grow a pair and stop making up excuses!! We beat a team that was undeafted. We play in the SEC. and we won!!!

Swamptick said:
Right now I am about as HOT as I get. This is TOTAL bull. Could we be doing better? Sure, but when the F%#@&ng officials are taking US out of the game, it HURTS

Go do it yourself!! :shock:

the_rolltide said:
I ref football. Three weeks ago i was on ESPN and next week i will be on FSN. I miss calls. EVERYONE DOES! thats how life goes! But to think that refs chose a team or they favor a team is the stupidest thing ever! You try to ref!!!

I agree with you but if you are a ref and a BAMA fan what do we need to do to get you in the SEC where you could help us make a difference :lol: (che)

refs ?

they had to b watching a diff. game than me?
or is that the way they try to make the game
the way they want? something stinks here
phantom call, seem to me the refs took juilo
out of play, which is sad for the ncaa
i guess we see who the real cheaters are
ROLL TIDE ROLL

2 horrible calls on Julio's catches (the phantom illegal formation and the phantom PI on Julio), and a couple of holding calls that could be called on any play, in any game, on any week. Also, for the 2nd week in a row, some horrible spots by the officials. Other than that, they were great. :roll:

As I always say though, in this league, you have to play well enough to overcome the bad calls by the inept officials.

It's a shame Julio's catches were called back, they were both awesome catches!

I was wondering also about the horrible spots, what in the world is going on???

I'm gonna stop now to keep from sounding like a UGA fan, excuse after excuse. Bottom line, the spots and the bad calls shouldn't have stopped us from playing better.

bamadezz said:
I'm gonna stop now to keep from sounding like a UGA fan, excuse after excuse. Bottom line, the spots and the bad calls shouldn't have stopped us from playing better.

I think the thing is, the SEC is the best football conference in the nation. The best teams, the best players, the best coaches. They generate a ton of money. The teams (not just BAMA) all deserve the best officiating. They have not had that for a LONG time. The bad news for UA is, the best crew is Shaw's crew, and he can't work UA games because he is a UA grad.

I don't expect them to be on par with NFL officials, but I do expect them to be as good or better than the officials in other conferences, and they aren't. Like I said, our zebras can't even spot the ball correctly, and art that is usually perfected on the pee-wee fields.

i just hate to see the game , made into something
its not, refs seem to to control the game . BOO
BOOO . SRY i thought that control the game for us
we had no choice but to run the ball.
which i think we did well.

ROLL TIDE ROLL

Anyone naive enough to think that refs are not influenced by their environment need only refer to the second half of today's game. Notice when plays were made on the UK sideline, UK got the calls. At one point I actually saw one of the side judges look at the UK bench before making a call (and I believe it was on one of Julio's plays that Porter referenced).

Back
Top Bottom