| FTBL Will Bama stay #2?

We shouldn't stay @ #2. I really don't care at all. We have a long season ahead. Every week is a hungry opponent. We play enough top SEC opponents that rankings just don't matter right now. We have much bigger fish to fry.

I'm wondering if any reporter was dumb enough to ask Coach Saban that question at post game PC. I hope they did. The presser will be top notch entertainment if they did. :D

BamaDelta said:
We shouldn't stay @ #2. I really don't care at all. We have a long season ahead. Every week is a hungry opponent. We play enough top SEC opponents that rankings just don't matter right now. We have much bigger fish to fry.

Yea like a passing game! Learning to cover a screen pass. You know the little things.... :shock:

as for being #2 I don't care if we drop or not. We didn't play like it that's for sure!

LSU for sure, and maybe Texas and Mizzou (depending on what kind of showing the Tigers have against Nebraska) could possibly leapfrog us.

Even with this week's bye, LSU will, simply because of their matchup with Florida next week and the media wanting to hype this game up even more.

Now if Kentucky can keep winning then this game won't hurt us as much later down the road . . . provided we continue to take care of business.

We are gonna have plenty of opportunities to climb back up if we do drop behind any one of these three aforementioned teams.

#2 is a bad spot

Why do we like to be rated number 1, or 2, this early in the race? It gets us excited and makes us start looking for SECC tickets.

However if you look at the statistics we can't move up very far and the reality is that in all probability we will have a big target on our backs just like the number one gunslinger had in the old west. The outcome ain't great unless we have a more reasonable ranking like 5-15 where we can nudge our way up.

I hope we get a ranking of 10-15 so our guys will be challenged again.

It was close, but in the end, Bama did win the game. I don't think any team should should ever move down in the polls unless they lose.

BUT that's just me. I doubt the pollsters see it that way. We're in a society now where close wins count as losses, apparently.

Back
Top Bottom