| FTBL Do you believe Alabama will have a better offense this fall?

As always it all centers on the offensive line and the QB. We have a wealth of talented skill players. The RB room is incredible, and our run game could be the best in college football. The WRs are quick and have tons of talent. But the OL has to be cohesive and smart, or the rest doesn't matter. And Milroe has to be comfortable in the offense and be able to distribute the ball. He needs to learn to read his check downs and not just run after 2 seconds. And the coaches have to tailor the game plan to his comfort level and to the players on the field. No square pegs in round holes. Early games against WKU, USF, and Wisconsin will be warmups for Georgia. I am trusting the coaches that they will do the right things to develop the players they have and get them up to speed. If the Oline comes together and JM figures it out, this offense could be really good. Outside of the RBs, I really expect Bernard to shine, and I think Law and Prentiss will excel also. I really liked Law last year. He was tough and fast, and he was a baller.

CKB came into a whole lot better situation than CNS did back in 2007, so I would expect better than 7-6, but I believe there will be some growing pains, not as much so on the offense though, imo.

With the progression of Milroe, I think the offense will be improved over last year. Our OL made good progress last year. CKD has an offensive background so IMO, we will be better. My concern is the defensive backs.

Alabama coach Kalen DeBoer on Wednesday explained several areas where quarterback Jalen Milroe improved during 15 practices this spring.

"I think processing," DeBoer told WJOX at the Regions Tradition Pro-Am golf tournament. "Whether it be processing and going through progressions and being more disciplined with his footwork, and really paying attention to his footwork -- tying the footwork to the timing and just that clock that you need to have in your head as a quarterback."

"I think there were times when it was really good, and then all the sudden you add some more install, then it kind of drops off a little bit. I think as the spring went on again, he continued to elevate just playing ball. Just moving the chains and playing ball and not trying to run a play, but run an offense. I thought he did a good job of that."

Just curious as to who says "growing pains."
Me :).

With that said I think it is less likely for the offensive unit to drop but they need to get enough reps so they are not thinking but playing fast. The equalizer for this unit to me will be the RB's and Milroe who will turn a bad play into a 70 yard TD.

Last edited:

With that said I think it is less likely for the offensive unit to drop but they need to get enough reps so they are not thinking but playing fast. The equalizer for this unit to me will be the RB's and Milroe who will turn a bad play into a 70 yard TD.
We will have a better offense because they will play much “looser”… Sark had the offense playing loose.. it seems the offense has been more uptight since he left..

The one thing that could elevate this bunch is if this OL is good enough to consistently gives these 3-4 RB's a chance to run then that may assist our QB's greatly.

I have us at 8-4 or 9-3. I believe at some point in these 1st 5 games Kalen will have to replace the starting QB.

Ten Bears retired. NIL finished him.

I'm going to bury this horse on a day when it's not raining. It's 'bout to.

You are making judgments on transitions of coaching staffs when you haven't seen a transition that's like this one. Any transition mentioned at any school with head coaches can't be compared. A national title winner, being replaced by a guy who was just in the title game.

Going back to offense:

All QB's have improved. Jalens' recognition, reactions, all if it: improved. (This is eerily getting close to the Mac Jones discussions before 2020.) That offense seen in the spring was just the base offense where Jalen was correcting positions with RB, WR's, TE's, etc.

This fall they will install the motion.

Do we see more PPG?

While Bama was top 25 last year they were also averaging less than 35 a game.

And, I'm seeing people think the offense is what...stalling for a year?

A lot of questions, but one certain answer. You can't take anything in history and apply it to today.

Back
Top Bottom