| FTBL Do you believe Alabama will have a better offense this fall?

I'm going to bury this horse on a day when it's not raining. It's 'bout to.
In another thread I said I am going to quit beating the drum and just let it play out. Seeing it play out in the fall is the only thing that will bury it. Debate and words on a message board will not do it. I keep saying I will be happy to be wrong and hope I am.

I'm going to bury this horse on a day when it's not raining. It's 'bout to.

You are making judgments on transitions of coaching staffs when you haven't seen a transition that's like this one. Any transition mentioned at any school with head coaches can't be compared. A national title winner, being replaced by a guy who was just in the title game.

Going back to offense:

All QB's have improved. Jalens' recognition, reactions, all if it: improved. (This is eerily getting close to the Mac Jones discussions before 2020.) That offense seen in the spring was just the base offense where Jalen was correcting positions with RB, WR's, TE's, etc.

This fall they will install the motion.

Do we see more PPG?

While Bama was top 25 last year they were also averaging less than 35 a game.

And, I'm seeing people think the offense is what...stalling for a year?

A lot of questions, but one certain answer. You can't take anything in history and apply it to today.
History dictates what will happen next. Washington averaged 36 points a game last year. Year before? 39.7 a game. Alabama 34 points per game last year, but year before? 41.1 a game.

IMO, we may have a change in staff, but we have better personnel than Washington did, and they still managed 36.7 a game. I'm willing to go out on the limb and say they will average over 40 points a game this fall.

On Milroe: If you go around the boards on internet such as SECRant, Tidefans, etc and you'll see so many people finding a way to criticize Milroe and saying he will lose the job this fall because he'll do the same thing on field: Not checking down to RB, Not reading the field, etc. People are upset that he is making appearances everywhere, doing interviews as if he has the starting job. Upset about the LANK and others... If he pops a question to his g/f today, and folks will find a way to complain about that.

I think throughout the summer and fall camp, you'll hear a lot about his development in a positive way and I would not be shocked if he elevates his game to new level and shut up lot of people in December.

History dictates what will happen

With all changes. History will have little to do with this team...program...absolutely...but not team.
I think throughout the summer and fall camp, you'll hear a lot about his development in a positive way and I would not be shocked if he elevates his game to new level and shut up lot of people in December.

This is what we want. And...believe....

I don't understand...criticism of JM.....
big..fast...leadership....
has it...mostly...all

With an absolutely awful Oline performance last year....
He did really good.....
The Oline situation is the key to this team...IMO

With all changes. History will have little to do with this team...program...absolutely...but not team.

has it...mostly...all

He did really good.....
It does have lot to do with history in how CKD ran his program with offense and then you look at the previous OC under Saban... The point is that we should be able to score at least 40 per game with the personnel we have.

has it...mostly...all

He did really good.....
Some of criticisms were valid especially his decision making on where to throw or to run.

But I agree with you because he did his best as he could. You can't make Alabama fans happy no matter how hard you try.

It does have lot to do with history in how CKD ran his program with offense and then you look at the previous OC under Saban... The point is that we should be able to score at least 40 per game with the personnel we have.

I'm not ready to concede that just yet. CKD numbers are outside the SEC & we all know that the SEC has much better defensive personel, in particular at the DL positions. And good DL's will make a star QB wilt. Context always matters with these comparisons. And too that point, Milroe is no stranger to SEC DL's, so I can see him doing well too.

I guess that is why they play the games.

A lot of SEC teams will probably resort to “bend dont break” type of defense.. The main goal willl be offensive explosive output and hunh...The powers that be have done everything to protect offensive players against real defense anyway…. UGA and Bama may be an exception..

I'm not ready to concede that just yet. CKD numbers are outside the SEC & we all know that the SEC has much better defensive personel, in particular at the DL positions. And good DL's will make a star QB wilt. Context always matters with these comparisons. And too that point, Milroe is no stranger to SEC DL's, so I can see him doing well too.

I guess that is why they play the games.
Dropped 37 on Texas.

Are we to also assume they don't have an SEC defensive line?

I know people will feel like I am being inconsistent with this statement and maybe I am. For the offense, I believe they will be improved but just like my other comments, we will have to watch it play out. JM is an elite athlete and will be an improved QB. If the OL is improved and I think it will be, certainly the center snap will go a long way to improving the offense. I also believe the WR's and RB's will be improved. With that said the schedule is brutal maybe even more so than normal.

I love the positivity and statistics being thrown around here. I am a bit more cautious about both sides of the ball. We have all seen struggles through Saban's tenure, but he was the best to ever do it, so expecting us to pick up where we left off is a tough one for me to see. Kind of like a CEO transition or a GM transition. You just never know and it's tough when the way we have become accustomed to is changed and then to expect immediate results can be tough. I do believe we will be just as good on offense. I don't think we have the talent we are used to seeing where we know we have a few All-American candidates and sure fire first rounders, but we know we have solid athletes that have been coached by the best and now being handed off to a very capable coach. In the end, I don't think we'll match the last year or two's numbers, but I expect a lot of the same results from a Win/Loss perspective if that makes sense.

Back
Top Bottom