| FTBL Do you believe Alabama will have a better offense this fall?

I am a bit more cautious about both sides of the ball. We have all seen struggles through Saban's tenure, but he was the best to ever do it
I don't know the Xs and Os quite like some here, but I can say that our DB play seemed to deteriorate in Saban's latter seasons. And if it wasn't that in particular, perhaps it was his pattern-match scheme that had become stale after a decade-and-a-half in the SEC. Other than our youth and lack of depth in our secondary, I'm actually optimistic about seeing improved DB play in Womak's vision-based scheme.

As always, the play of the OL will determine how good this offense will be. If they don't shoot themselves in the foot with penalties and can snap the ball to the QB properly, then we may just have a much better offense than last year. We will have several great RB's and very capable receivers all over the field. Of course, QB Milroe will need to make noticeable improvement from last year. Locate an open man and hit him.
Or if protection is breaking down, recognize that and haul it out of there before tacklers get to him.

I don't know the Xs and Os quite like some here, but I can say that our DB play seemed to deteriorate in Saban's latter seasons. And if it wasn't that in particular, perhaps it was his pattern-match scheme that had become stale after a decade-and-a-half in the SEC. Other than our youth and lack of depth in our secondary, I'm actually optimistic about seeing improved DB play in Womak's vision-based scheme.

I agree. Kool-Aid finished his career based on the idea he was top recruit and coach's didn't want to throw to his side. Funny enough, it worked and they stayed away from him. On the other side you had Arnold that had to earn everything he got due to his hard work. To me he was the best corner since Surtain we have had because he was physical and would come up in the box and a sure tackler. That's why I think we have now with guys with no household names or acclaim (although I know a few were big recruits), that want to come in and get back to playing some ball. They have to earn their NIL opportunities and playing time and I think we will be stronger for it honestly.

Back
Top Bottom