| FTBL Who's lying in Auburn?

BamaGradinTN

Verified Member
http://sports.espn.go.com/ncf/news/story?id=3744885

They begged him to stay? They are paying him his buyout, even though they don't have to? Yeah...right. I don't buy the line about him not having the full support if the trustees. He hasn't had full support since Jetgate...why quit now?

"Coach...please, please, please, PLEASE stay. You have to fire your assistants, but we want you to stay. You're fired if you don't fire your assistants. But we really want you to fire them and stay."

It's gonna be interesting when Tuberville finally starts talking.

I agree.. Everyone in high places at AU wanted him gone for a long time... Now, he "resigns" and you ask him to stay and he says no but you still give him the buyout money. Makes no sense. I am not sure about you guys but if I had a problem with someone and they quit, I wouldn't give them $6 million if I didn't have to.

Tubs has a 12 year old son. That is old enough to sit down and say, "Look son, I'm tired, and I want to retire so I don't have to work anymore."

Retire. That's the "line" coming out of Auburn.

Doesn't seem to difficult, does it?

Until you see something like this and say, "wait, what is so difficult for him to understand?"

link

This paragraph from the article sums it all up.

A person familiar with the situation told ESPN's Joe Schad that Tuberville believed he did not have the support of certain members of the Auburn board of trustees -- and therefore the full support of the Auburn administration.

This group was embarassed by the way that "Jetgate" played out, and have been looking for an excuse to dump Tuberville ever since that time.

I think the whole thing stinks to high heaven if you ask me. ^^BSFLA <-----thats the flag i'm raising to AUB. Tubs was a good coach, and as much as I LOVE to see the barn implode, I dont like to see something like this happen. It would be different if he had like 3 loosing seasons in a row or something. But whatever......time to move on. Welcome AUB to the debacle that was Alabama.

38AUTiger said:
Thanks for the correction but I really did mean personal.....i.e. His personal life.

It was a light hearted jab 38. Evidently, what you are hearing and what I'm being told are very, very different stories.

In my case, one of those issues is personnel, not personal...although, if you consider some of those factors do indeed effect ones personal life...I suppose both uses of the word are correct.

TerryP said:
Tubs has a 12 year old son. That is old enough to sit down and say, "Look son, I'm tired, and I want to retire so I don't have to work anymore."

Retire. That's the "line" coming out of Auburn.

Doesn't seem to difficult, does it?

Until you see something like this and say, "wait, what is so difficult for him to understand?"

link

Yep, to listen to Jacobs press conference yesterday and then to view this clip, something ain't right. ;scr

Then you get a comment like this:
Jacobs said he and president Jay Gogue agreed to pay Tuberville the buyout price of $5.1 million - even though it was not required since he wasn't fired - because they felt it was the right thing to do.

Also, Saban's initial remarks now seem pointless and totally off-track if Tuberville was, indeed, asked 3 times by ADJJ to reconsider staying (even if it meant serving in another capacity). ;scr

38, I've been thinking about how to word this for a half of an hour now and I'll say this...and I figure you'll know what I'm talking about.

If you are saying these personal issues are what caused this "resignation," and those personal issues revolve around things happening within the Tuberville household, that is something that (no offense intended to you) is old news.

As vague as I can be...and just to see if we are on the same page...booster involvement that extended beyond the scope of Auburn football...

If that is what you are being told that was the root cause of his "resignation," I'm sorry that's what you are being told.

We are on the same page. I think anyone with half a brain can surmise what happened behind the scenes with the BOT.

There is something going on in his "personal" life though that I am sure at some point will become public that affected TT's side of the decision, especially his desire to stay in Auburn for the next year or so.

TT must be a smooth/tough negotiator though. I would like to see him in action. He seems to land right side up everytime.

I would also like to say that the reason I think the whole thing took most of a week was so that JJ could get some acting practice in. He did a hell of a job lying through his teeth.

I agree with you 38 that TT doesn't come out looking good almost everytime. He took the high rode on this and left the Pres and AD looking rather silly. My dad always said this about someone like TT, " He could step in Sh@# and come out smelling like a rose!"

ORANGEADDICT said:
yah who cares about them yall have a championship game to play

Oh, it's okay to want to know who's gonna be the next coach and to give opinions on how things have been handled; just don't think the message board is the best place to comment when the topic shifts to someone's personal life. Being too old-fashioned, I reckon.

TerryP said:
38, I've been thinking about how to word this for a half of an hour now and I'll say this...and I figure you'll know what I'm talking about.

If you are saying these personal issues are what caused this "resignation," and those personal issues revolve around things happening within the Tuberville household, that is something that (no offense intended to you) is old news.

As vague as I can be...and just to see if we are on the same page...booster involvement that extended beyond the scope of Auburn football...

If that is what you are being told that was the root cause of his "resignation," I'm sorry that's what you are being told.

Terry, for God's sake, spill the beans. You know good and well that Mark Green and his bunch of ilky elk would have any inside information on Coach Saban splattered far and wide on their boards as soon as they got it.

Don't be a gentleman, don't have class, get down and dirty and down to the nitty gritty. They are the enemy and deserve no quarter, no reservation or niceties should be shown them.

Just do it, do it, do it.

BTW, check out my Blue and Gray post over on the Houndstooth Den board, you will probably like that. It got zapped from here before anyone had a chance to look at it.

bear facts said:
ORANGEADDICT said:
yah who cares about them yall have a championship game to play

Oh, it's okay to want to know who's gonna be the next coach and to give opinions on how things have been handled; just don't think the message board is the best place to comment when the topic shifts to someone's personal life. Being too old-fashioned, I reckon.

Believe you me factor, the details of this have been avoided on this forum on purpose.

I suspect, like 38 mentioned earlier, it'll come out. But, I'll remain on the side of letting the news media go down that road.

Back
Top Bottom