| FTBL What are you most looking forward to seeing from Bama on Saturday?

Brandon Van de Graaff

A defensive deity, inventor of the Concussion.
Staff
I get that the QB situation is high up on everyone's list, and that can be your answer if you want. Personally, I firmly believe the QB situation is being way overblown and will work itself out.

On offense, a lot is being said about this offensive line. On paper, they are rhinos. On the field this month, the have been maulers in the run game. I want to see how well the pass protection has progressed. Regardless of who ultimately takes control at QB, they aren't going to have anywhere near the pocket awareness of Bryce Young. The line is going to have to do their part, and then some, in order for this offense to reach its full potential.

On defense, said this the other day, but the play of the defensive line will be the harbinger of the overall success of the defense. If those guys can play their assignments well and stay healthy, this defense is going to surprise some people... and it is going to put the offense in better positions than they've seen the last couple of seasons... but the if's of this defense (and team) hinge on the defensive line.

Assuming things go well Saturday, we won't have a great answer to these questions until the Texas game... but if things don't, and cracks are already showing against MTSU... it could make for a wild season.

Probably be easier to tell you what I don't want to see. A missed FG, A shanked punt, Mush Rush, DB's lost as a ball in high weeds, WRs dropping multiple easy catches, LBs out of position, QB running for his life and/or opposing teams DL getting to him before the snap, RBs getting stuffed at the LOS on short yardage situations, and the WR quick out with a missed block and loss of 2 yards. :p 😁

I want to see the D shutdown the running game and the offense run the ball well. QB play has been the focus by the talking heads but I think if you get great D play and offense can run the ball then the QB will have time to grow into the QB we will need to win it all.

I want to see a return to a dominate Bama D that overwhelms inferior teams from the outset and forces great teams to surrender in the third quarter. I want to see LB’s who make tackles in the hole and not 8 yards down field. And I want to see Bama has some Alpha’s who won’t tolerate stupid penalties.

Reduction in penalties and back to “do not beat yourself” football.
No stupid shit. Like stupid penalties
Other than what you posted,

I want to see a team that is fundamentally sound. Last two years we've been one of the most penalized teams in the SEC. CNS teams used to be very sound & not beat themselves with penalties on both sides of the ball. No free first downs gifted to the other team. That will be a BIG sign to me when playing an inferior opponent.

A good one, and certainly something to watch. Saban touched on this today during his press conference.

Same. I really hope to see a NOT. Perhaps McKinstry runs back a punt or gets a pick six.

Will be interesting to see how many teams give him a chance on punts... Last year, in the first 6 games he had 18 returns. In the remaining 7 games, he had just 3. Hopefully, some of these early opponents got lazy on the special teams scouting and he will get some more chances...

Back
Top Bottom