| FTBL Who would you want to be Saban's successor after he retires?

I would like Klinesman from Kansas State…He is a very good fundamental coach and he’s built a juggernaut at North Dakota State… he understands championship culture… he runs a very smash mouth and high percentage offense..

The thing abut getting someone from the Saban tree is, most of those guys would come into a situation where everything is already in place for the type of program they'd want to run... from the on field stuff all the way to the S&C and nutrition staff. There'd be no major overhauls or a significant change in overall expectations from everyone in the building. Guys like Dabo would be coming into a situation where the roster is loaded, but he'd make a lot of changes elsewhere (which would be his prerogative at that point). Kiffin, IMO, would be like a 16 year old getting keys to a Ferrari. He'd have fun and do well with it for a little bit, but neglect the upkeep and end up putting into a ditch one night and then just walk away while it burned up.
It be extremely ideal to get someone who runs the same system as Saban, it be a seamless transition in terms of schematics, however, as is the case with any coach, they're gonna have slight variations of the way they might call the defense... but overall, it be the same system. Terminology and all.

Several people have mentioned Dabo but even if I wanted him which I don’t, I know he will never leave Clemson … at least by choice. He loves living there, his wife really loves living there … they’re both extremely close with their pastor and their church … the community loves them both … the degree of pressure between Bama and Clemson aren’t even on the same scale … he can recruit well, win conference championships and occasional NC’s … and he can make just as much money. This is not the type of former player who will say mamma called me home. He’s more loyal to Stallings than he’s ever been to Bama and Stallings has always had divided loyalties. Look Dabo’s a fairly smart man and as such he has to know he will never find a better place than where he is right now.

Bobbie Bowden.... oh wait, that ship has sailed.

Dabo, Kiffin, Sark.

I think it's 50/50 right now that Sark makes it into 2024 with Texas, and that might be being generous. Sounds like that whole thing is building up pressure under the surface and will blow up at any point. Winning would go a long way to relieve some of that pressure though, so we'll see. Their game with us is huge for both programs.

I think it's 50/50 right now that Sark makes it into 2024 with Texas, and that might be being generous. Sounds like that whole thing is building up pressure under the surface and will blow up at any point. Winning would go a long way to relieve some of that pressure though, so we'll see. Their game with us is huge for both programs.
I like Sark, but Id rather not have him as our Head Coach.

At one time, I admittedly thought there was a lot of promise there. Not so much now. That is why this reading into the future game is so hard to play...
Yeah, that happens a lot. A promising coach that has a ton of potential, but fizzles out. That's usually because of the program they take over, but Sark has everything there to be successful. Honestly, if I were any of these coaches, I'd wait for that right fit before taking a head coaching job. A lot of these guys are so eager to run their own program, that they take a job that's a bad fit for them.

With the foundation Saban built even a moron like Less Miles was able to win for 10 years after Saban left. I would expect a bettter coah then Miles to show up at Bama so we should be able to sustain a very good program. Not Nick Saban greatness but very good. Who will lead that future no idea. No one mentioned so far jumps out to me. Byrne better know!!!.

Our fanbase would completely 180 on their opinion of Dabo if he came in here and won a natty. Winning cures all.

He's still a goofy dipshit. He could win here and I'd still not like him because he tries too hard to push for his team. You shouldn't have to sell your team if they are that good. Saban did not look good selling us last year in my opinion, even though he was right, it just wasn't a great look from a guy that always let his team's play speak for itself.

He's still a goofy dipshit. He could win here and I'd still not like him because he tries too hard to push for his team. You shouldn't have to sell your team if they are that good. Saban did not look good selling us last year in my opinion, even though he was right, it just wasn't a great look from a guy that always let his team's play speak for itself.
I agree, but nattys are nice.

Right on some accounts for sure...
DABO ....regardless of what feel are his negatives... has many positives...
...successful HC
....bama boy
....alabama boy
....christian
....great recruiter
....smooth

But he had built a great thing at Clemson.... fits in well.... i doubt he gives that up....
But IMO ...he would win fan base over....be very successful at bama....

But IMO ...he would win fan base over....be very successful at bama....
Agree. I think he would win and then he would be our goofy coach. He would be embraced when that trophy came to Title Town. Now I do not think he will come because he has a good situation for him and his family at Clemson w/o the same demands and expectations that he would have at Bama. Of course all of that can change quickly.

An example of this is Kiffen was embraced even with his baggage. Of course that was as an OC.

Back
Top Bottom