| FTBL Who is the starting QB against Ole Miss this weekend? Milroe announced as #1 going forward.

Who starts against Ole Miss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Sounds like Saban is going with Milroe from the sound of his press conference today. I see the order as this now that Saban has spoken, Milroe, Simpson, Lonegran, Holstein, Buchner. I jest on the order of the final 3, but Buchner sure looked over his head.
But Buchner did do a great warm up dance…like good ol Dak..😉

Sounds like Saban is going with Milroe from the sound of his press conference today. I see the order as this now that Saban has spoken, Milroe, Simpson, Lonegran, Holstein, Buchner. I jest on the order of the final 3, but Buchner sure looked over his head.
Milroe can be a fantastic QB if he'd just be a little more consistent with protecting the ball. He has the arm to make some outstanding throws, consistency is the main concern.... as everyone already knows. Hopefully we see more of that out of him Saturday.

Its really the only option..not good..
Why?

Ty Simpson did decent job, took him a while to get ball going late in the game. Only thing he needs to work is his awareness. Those sacks, he can't keep taking it. He will develop into a real good qb, and that will come with experience. Milroe is a threat with his leg. We know Ole Miss is going to do what MTSU did to them.. load up on the boxes, and We'll see lot of his legs and deep passes... that's all it matters.

Ty took no reps with 1s last week Milroe was in doghouse Saturday due to poor attitude with Buchner supplanting him as starter vs SF. No way Milroe was going to play Saturday. Supportive attitude Saturday got him back in good graces with Sabsn. He is the only viable option we have going forward. Word I have is Buchner trying to get t time Sunday at Indian Hills…guess he sees handwriting on the wall.

Ty took no reps with 1s last week Milroe was in doghouse Saturday due to poor attitude with Buchner supplanting him as starter vs SF. No way Milroe was going to play Saturday. Supportive attitude Saturday got him back in good graces with Sabsn. He is the only viable option we have going forward. Word I have is Buchner trying to get t time Sunday at Indian Hills…guess he sees handwriting on the wall.
Must have watched film of his play.
That would verify " handwriting on wall"

Rees may go to Northwestern next year and Buchner follow him up there.

Why?

Ty Simpson did decent job, took him a while to get ball going late in the game. Only thing he needs to work is his awareness. Those sacks, he can't keep taking it. He will develop into a real good qb, and that will come with experience. Milroe is a threat with his leg. We know Ole Miss is going to do what MTSU did to them.. load up on the boxes, and We'll see lot of his legs and deep passes... that's all it matters.
It is sad how grossly unprepared they all are at qb.. it is almost like we expect a player just to be a Bryce Young or Tua..We have been lucky but I’m not sure they can be coached up that quickly..

It is sad how grossly unprepared they all are at qb.. it is almost like we expect a player just to be a Bryce Young or Tua..We have been lucky but I’m not sure they can be coached up that quickly..
They cannot be coached up to salvage this season. Milroe’s problem is he can’t read defense. We have been fortunate to have had Tua, Jones, and Bryce. Now we get see what it’s like for most other college teams. QB has ability but can’t make good decisions with the ball. It will be an up/ down year with 2-3 more losses.

Back
Top Bottom