| FTBL Who is the starting QB against Ole Miss this weekend? Milroe announced as #1 going forward.

Who starts against Ole Miss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
@Justneedme81 I don't know this as a fact; it's just a suspicion. RE: Booker's time in interviews.

While we all realize he's the "face of the offense" right now I wonder if there are NIL stipulations with some of these guys. IE: We see contracts with guys in the league that say if they get X number of receptions they get X amount for a bonus. I've wondered if a guy gets an award, say POW, if it has a bearing on his NIL deal. 🤷‍♂️
That's an interesting thought. While I don't care specifically about this particular stipulation, if it is, I am curious to see what are the different types of stipulations laid out in players' NIL deals. Just out of morbid curiosity on the passing of college football that we all grew up watching.

At SEC Media Days in July, Alabama head coach Nick Saban compared the quarterback battle – which, at the time during summer workouts, was a three-player race – to baking a cake.

“Grandma Saban used to bake the best cakes in the world,” Saban said, “and I used to stand by the oven when I was a kid and say, ‘When is this cake going to be done? When is this cake going to be done?’ She said, “If I don’t let it go through and take it out of the oven too soon, it will turn to mush and it won’t be a really good cake.’

“So I think we have to sort of let this develop and make sure we let the cake bake until somebody separates themselves. And all the players are working hard. They all have a good attitude. They are all competing well.”

The quarterback position has experienced some changes over the first three weeks of the 2023 season, with the latest turn coming Monday with Saban naming Jalen Milroe the starter for the Ole Miss game. He was asked Wednesday where things stand in the baking process.

“I think the cake’s been in the oven, out of the oven, back in the oven, and I think it’s ready to go,” Saban said on the SEC coaches media teleconference.

@Justneedme81 I don't know this as a fact; it's just a suspicion. RE: Booker's time in interviews.

While we all realize he's the "face of the offense" right now I wonder if there are NIL stipulations with some of these guys. IE: We see contracts with guys in the league that say if they get X number of receptions they get X amount for a bonus. I've wondered if a guy gets an award, say POW, if it has a bearing on his NIL deal. 🤷‍♂️
So if he has a deal with Yea Alabama as part of NIL deal and He recently was on The Next Round earlier this week Gotta think he has to do media obligation outside Alabama once a week.

On the side note: https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/?team-key=1867
Braswell, Turner and Kool Aid would probably be the "face" of the team instead of Booker...

Niblack lost 127k just like that all because of poor play of OL and QB.

Took me 3+ days to muster up the courage to sift though some of these pages. It has a little bit of everything... fiction, non-fiction, horror, fantasy, comedy, drama, and mystery. Nice.

...brotha... I had a 10 year colonoscopy on Tuesday to distract from all this crap (pun intended) & I'm contemplating getting another...

So if he has a deal with Yea Alabama as part of NIL deal and He recently was on The Next Round earlier this week Gotta think he has to do media obligation outside Alabama once a week.

On the side note: https://www.on3.com/nil/rankings/player/nil-100/?team-key=1867
Braswell, Turner and Kool Aid would probably be the "face" of the team instead of Booker...

Niblack lost 127k just like that all because of poor play of OL and QB.

He has an NIL contract with the Next Round to be a weekly guest until the end of the regular season. Starting, benched, hurt, or whatever... to get paid, he has to give them what was agreed to.

Back
Top Bottom