| FTBL Who is the starting QB against Ole Miss this weekend? Milroe announced as #1 going forward.

Who starts against Ole Miss?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
TS as QB with Milroe running some wildcat packages. More TE to help on left side (and right too I guess) to help with pass blocking. Those quick defenders are just blowing right past us. If not the TE helping out, make sure your best blocking back (or H-back) is in the backfield to take care of any defender that made it through on pass rush. Yes, I know these changes will tip our hand on the play calling. Can't be helped until we can establish an identity and rhythym.

The DB's seem to be getting beat deep too often. Cover deeper to stop the big pass plays. Have to risk letting the opponents have a little more of the short passes. Bend but don't break??? I don't like that type of defense, but it may be needed in the short term.

I am to the point now that if a player has a stupid penalty, pull him and put his backup in the game. Not necessarily for the whole game, but send a message.

Of course, these are JMO. Worth everything you paid for it.

TS as QB with Milroe running some wildcat packages. More TE to help on left side (and right too I guess) to help with pass blocking. Those quick defenders are just blowing right past us. If not the TE helping out, make sure your best blocking back (or H-back) is in the backfield to take care of any defender that made it through on pass rush. Yes, I know these changes will tip our hand on the play calling. Can't be helped until we can establish an identity and rhythym.

The DB's seem to be getting beat deep too often. Cover deeper to stop the big pass plays. Have to risk letting the opponents have a little more of the short passes. Bend but don't break??? I don't like that type of defense, but it may be needed in the short term.

I am to the point now that if a player has a stupid penalty, pull him and put his backup in the game. Not necessarily for the whole game, but send a message.

Of course, these are JMO. Worth everything you paid for it.
🤣

On TS, the guy has played all of one half of live action. Takes time. Milroe has played 2 games as a starter. This is all going to come down to the improvement on the OL and the D playing lights out.

Thinking Simpson gets the nod. He played well despite getting lit up like a Christmas tree by the USF defense WAY TOO MUCH! I still think Milroe has a role and should have a role in the offense.
We need the offense to start clicking now, the last two games, the defense has done enough to put the team in good situations.... only for the offense to sputter, and not get a drive going. Like you said, Simpson played well. And the most important thing is, he took care of the ball. We need the O-line to step it up, they started clicking in the 4th quarter and finally started winning up front. Need that to continue. Defense just needs to keep doing what they're doing, they're getting off the field, playing the run well, and forcing turnovers. They just need to keep progressing up front for pass rushing, they also need to make the play whenever they have it, they had the USF quarterback dead to rights numerous times in the backfield.... but they missed several times due to overrunning the play, or just straight up missing the tackle. I have no complaints from the linebackers, they've been the most consistent group the last 3 games, especially Deontae Lawson.

We need the offense to start clicking now, the last two games, the defense has done enough to put the team in good situations.... only for the offense to sputter, and not get a drive going. Like you said, Simpson played well. And the most important thing is, he took care of the ball. We need the O-line to step it up, they started clicking in the 4th quarter and finally started winning up front. Need that to continue. Defense just needs to keep doing what they're doing, they're getting off the field, playing the run well, and forcing turnovers. They just need to keep progressing up front for pass rushing, they also need to make the play whenever they have it, they had the USF quarterback dead to rights numerous times in the backfield.... but they missed several times due to overrunning the play, or just straight up missing the tackle. I have no complaints from the linebackers, they've been the most consistent group the last 3 games, especially Deontae Lawson.
Not sure if I would characterize Simpson as playing well. He did not turn the ball over which is definetly a positive.

As far as the D, they played well but they need to close down those rush lanes so the QB cannot scramble for 100+ yards. Other than that and the Tx game they have done a good job.

Maybe...Nick may have decided...to let. the 2 he played... decide who will be JMs backup.....

No doubt ( to me) going forward...win or lose..JM is #1....TY got #2 spot

And i can live with that
Get JM a lot mor PT in live competition....
I have a difficult time believing that was an exercise to see who would be QB2. I believe they know what they have in JM...they didn't know about the other 2. If your theory is correct...it's gonna be a long season.

I have a difficult time believing that was an exercise to see who would be QB2. I believe they know what they have in JM...they didn't know about the other 2. If your theory is correct...it's gonna be a long season.
I don't know.....was on tractor bushhoging and thinking about it...as you go round n round......
Trying to make sense of it...
All i could come up with

Sounds like Saban is going with Milroe from the sound of his press conference today. I see the order as this now that Saban has spoken, Milroe, Simpson, Lonegran, Holstein, Buchner. I jest on the order of the final 3, but Buchner sure looked over his head.

Sounds like Saban is going with Milroe from the sound of his press conference today. I see the order as this now that Saban has spoken, Milroe, Simpson, Lonegran, Holstein, Buchner. I jest on the order of the final 3, but Buchner sure looked over his head.
I hope you're wrong about QB1.

Back
Top Bottom