| FTBL Where are all our Hog Friends?

Welcme, TF. Houston and Galveston were so much in the news around here that we didn't realize just how much damage Ike did in Arkansas.

I know the Texas game was moved with good reason, but it sure set you guys up with a murderer's row for the next 4 games.

TuckFexas said:
Took me all week, but I'm here. Normally just like to read other school's sites but what the hell.

My heart says:
This will be a tough game but the hogs will surprise the nation. We'll finally play some good D and get some turnovers and the offense will explode by throwing all over you in the 1st quarter, opening up our run game with the speedy Michael Smith. Bama will be so confused on defense we'll score at will. Final score 42-21.

My head says:
Oh schit. Bama 38, Hogs 17

You shouldn't ever listen to your heart, especially if it believes in your team that much. :shock: :roll:

psychojoe said:
Welcme, TF. Houston and Galveston were so much in the news around here that we didn't realize just how much damage Ike did in Arkansas.

I know the Texas game was moved with good reason, but it sure set you guys up with a murderer's row for the next 4 games.

Thx, I didn't have any damage from Ike but it did get windy.

Nate-Hawg said:
]
Big_Fan said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
reger60 said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
BigAl said:
Ive only seen one hog fan over here, others have to be lurking. Come on guys and gals come on in and join us.

This is another SEC team that not only has a new coach, but a whole new identity. I mean, as of late, you just didn't find a team more run oriented than Arkansas.

Now, with Petrino, it is literally like night and day in strategy and style and training and practicing.

I look for great things from Arkansas in a couple of years. Just like all of us heard 10,000 times a day back when Coach Saban was hired, "It isn't going to happen overnight".

They are, as a team, going through much more upheaval than Alabama did in our coaching change. At least 'Bama didn't fundamentally alter their whole image and style of play.

It might have something to do with the exit of two of the best running backs in school history, if not SEC history. That'll change your game plan whether you like it or not.

McFadden and Jones leaving was not good news for Arky, but players come and go.

Houston Nutt was the coach that was run oriented. He always has been, to the point of being obsessive about it at times. He was that way long before McFadden and Jones came along.

If Nutt was still at Arkansas, they definitely would not be going to a Petrino style air attack. That would blow a hole in Houston Nutt's heart, that is not his style.

I don't like Nutt as a person, but he is a fundamentally sound coach who teaches smashmouth football as well as anyone in the country. His biggest problem was recruiting - and that has as much to do with Arkansas as it does him.

Honestly, with Petrino, Arkansas may have downgraded. In his 10 years at Arkansas, Nutt was 5-5 against both Auburn and Alabama. His 4-6 record against LSU is respectable given the fact that they won 2 NC's during that time. His 9-1 record against MSU says that he rarely loses to a team with inferior talent, and his 1 loss was by 1 point to an 8 win Sherrill team.

Its amazing how bad the Arkies hate him with his 2-1 record against UTexas.

He is not a coach. He is an egotistical motivational speaker-PERIOD.

G
Ive always said he was a cheerleader i agree with you.

Guys as rough as this year may turnout, I am just happy that nutjob is gone.

As for tomorrow...After a questionable pass interference call against Bama, Arkansas is able to put it in the endzone from the 7-yard line on a QB bootleg to go up by four with 2:17 left on the clock.

Any questions? :p

txhawg said:

As for tomorrow...After a questionable pass interference call against Bama, Arkansas is able to put it in the endzone from the 7-yard line on a QB bootleg to go up by four with 2:17 left on the clock.

Then JPW(that 2 minute drill guy) leads his team down the field for a last second touchdown. Sound familiar? :D

Tider27 said:
txhawg said:

Then JPW(that 2 minute drill guy) leads his team down the field for a last second touchdown. Sound familiar? :D

I don't see Arkansas scoring in the 50's against our defense, as "up by four" would equate to.

Big_Fan said:
Tider27 said:
txhawg said:

I don't see Arkansas scoring in the 50's against our defense, as "up by four" would equate to.

Sorry about that...I left out the bad part(for you). An Arkansas booster flies in some girls from cow college and long story short: JP, that number 8 guy, and Cody wake Saturday morning to find the girls gone, but a screaming case of the USC crabs leaves them out of the game.

Without them Bama only musters 24 points. The scoreboard reads 28-24 Hogs as the final seconds tick off the clock.

Tider27 said:
txhawg said:

No I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to. :?

txhawg said:
Tider27 said:
txhawg said:

No I'm sorry I don't know what you're referring to. :?

It's going to benefit you to have that 'short term memory loss' this weekend. :wink:

You are right...After a big win on Saturday all Hog fans should put it out of our heads and start worring about the shorthorns. Well, maybe we can enjoy it until Sunday. :wink:

txhawg said:
You are right...After a big win on Saturday all Hog fans should put it out of our heads and start worring about the shorthorns. Well, maybe we can enjoy it until Sunday. :wink:

It is hard for fans to get a big win out of their heads. Don't worry though, I wouldn't think Alabama will win by anymore than 17. Some would call that a big win, but it really isn't.

Really, 17 points is just a so-so win. A solid, yet moderate victory. It will make it much easier to look forward to Texas if your team only loses by a couple of TD's or so.

Don't be so down on the Hog's though, Petrino will have them passing the ball around like Hawaii in no time.

CtrlAltieDel said:
txhawg said:

It is hard for fans to get a big win out of their heads. Don't worry though, I wouldn't think Alabama will win by anymore than 17. Some would call that a big win, but it really isn't.

Really, 17 points is just a so-so win. A solid, yet moderate victory. It will make it much easier to look forward to Texas if your team only loses by a couple of TD's or so.

Don't be so down on the Hog's though, Petrino will have them passing the ball around like Hawaii in no time.

I hope it's a little more balanced, but on the plus side...I think if there is an area Arkansas can exploit it will be Bama's secondary.

txhawg said:
CtrlAltieDel said:
txhawg said:

I hope it's a little more balanced, but on the plus side...I think if there is an area Arkansas can exploit it will be Bama's secondary.

They can exploit it all day long, as long as they don't score. :D :D

I want to go on record and say that you Arky guys have some of the funniest screen names ever!!

I used to read woopig.net just to see the screen names.

I remember somebody had a dirtysanchez screen name and their avatar was HDN with a doo-doo mustache. Classic!

txhawg said:

CtrlAltieDel Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

txhawg wrote:
I've already covered that for everyone in an earlier post.

If you would like to know outcomes in any other games just let me know.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Here ya go!

txhawg said:
txhawg said:

CtrlAltieDel Posted: Fri Sep 19, 2008 9:56 pm Post subject:

--------------------------------------------------------------------------------

txhawg wrote:
I've already covered that for everyone in an earlier post.

If you would like to know outcomes in any other games just let me know.

I have no idea what you are talking about.

Here ya go!

Oh, okay, Arkansas wins by four and you know the penalty call before the winning score as well as time remaining.

I guess you are one of those Nielsen viewers that have already seen the game. You know, if you are caught betting on a game that no one else has seen yet, it is automatic prison time.

When you signed up to be a Nielsen viewer, it was in the contract you signed that betting on sporting events is strictly prohibited.

Back
Top Bottom