| FTBL What's up with ESPN blackout on Spectrum?

I looked at streaming services this morning. Jiminy Cricket they are all high but cheaper than cable. With live channels & sports it looked like all were in the $80 neighborhood. Feel free to point me in a different direction. Finishing a move this weekend and will have internet before next Sat.

You get local channels and stuff or just national ones? Just interested to know how it works and the logistics. What's the price per month?

Looks like it is 73.00 per month right now, but there are no contracts. Yes, you get locals (although I don't get WVUA here in Tuscaloosa, not that I care). You can watch on your phone/tablet/laptop wherever you have service, and if you travel out of your area, it'll give you the locals for that city. Only downside is if you're a Braves fan, they dropped Bally's a while back (you might can get it with an add-on?)... they also dropped the MLB channel... surprised they haven't added that one back. But you'll get all the ESPN's, SEC, ACC, and B1G Network, etc... pretty much everything but the Pac12 Network.

You can arrange the channel lineup however you like and have different profiles. The multi view view (PIP) feature is nice for games, but I think they are still working on improvements to it. DVR space is unlimited.

Looks like it is 73.00 per month right now, but there are no contracts. Yes, you get locals (although I don't get WVUA here in Tuscaloosa, not that I care). You can watch on your phone/tablet/laptop wherever you have service, and if you travel out of your area, it'll give you the locals for that city. Only downside is if you're a Braves fan, they dropped Bally's a while back (you might can get it with an add-on?)... they also dropped the MLB channel... surprised they haven't added that one back. But you'll get all the ESPN's, SEC, ACC, and B1G Network, etc... pretty much everything but the Pac12 Network.

You can arrange the channel lineup however you like and have different profiles. The multi view view (PIP) feature is nice for games, but I think they are still working on improvements to it. DVR space is unlimited.

Meant to add, this is nice if you travel a lot. Assuming there's good high speed internet where you're staying, take a Roku or Fire Stick with you, and watch your own service without having to worry if they have the SEC Network at the beach condo or some such.

Back
Top Bottom