| FTBL What's up with ESPN blackout on Spectrum?

Anyone have Sling? I hear you can get a sports package for 5 months for about $40 a month. Anyone try them?
I pay $70.00 a month for Sling with two add on Blue package and Orange package. Thing is you have to get the Blue to get the Orange. Orange has the SEC Network. You will also get the ESPN,Big10 Pac12 SEC, stadium, NFL... A lot more. Not counting a lot of TV channels.

I have direct TV steam but I don't have cbs channel... Need to figure out the option

If you live close enough to a big city with a CBS broadcasting tower, you can get an over the air indoor antenna... they are pretty cheap, pretty small, and easy to hook up. I keep one around if I ever need it, though the one station I can't really get with it is CBS, I'm just barely out of range... but mine was like a $20 model that is a few years old now.

The good thing about them though, you get the free signals, and it is the pure (clearest) HD signal. Also, there's no delay like you get from satellite or internet.

Here's a website that you can enter you address and it'll estimate which channels you can get...

If you live close enough to a big city with a CBS broadcasting tower, you can get an over the air indoor antenna... they are pretty cheap, pretty small, and easy to hook up. I keep one around if I ever need it, though the one station I can't really get with it is CBS, I'm just barely out of range... but mine was like a $20 model that is a few years old now.

The good thing about them though, you get the free signals, and it is the pure (clearest) HD signal. Also, there's no delay like you get from satellite or internet.

Here's a website that you can enter you address and it'll estimate which channels you can get...

I can't find the website I used to use that gave the info using the range for indoor antennas, but the range isn't as good obviously as the outdoor ones. My shitty indoor one though got all the locals other than CBS (out of B'ham) and I'm in Northport.

That’s why I’ve not been concerned with the Directv issue. I have an 8 bay antenna & can pick up all the networks with no issue & no delay. One of the better purchases I’ve made. I’m roughly 40 miles north of Birmingham

I totally forgot about that. I do have the antenna

Looks like it is 73.00 per month right now, but there are no contracts. Yes, you get locals (although I don't get WVUA here in Tuscaloosa, not that I care). You can watch on your phone/tablet/laptop wherever you have service, and if you travel out of your area, it'll give you the locals for that city. Only downside is if you're a Braves fan, they dropped Bally's a while back (you might can get it with an add-on?)... they also dropped the MLB channel... surprised they haven't added that one back. But you'll get all the ESPN's, SEC, ACC, and B1G Network, etc... pretty much everything but the Pac12 Network.

You can arrange the channel lineup however you like and have different profiles. The multi view view (PIP) feature is nice for games, but I think they are still working on improvements to it. DVR space is unlimited.

Also, heads up to anyone switching to YTTV... this may help you avoid some aggravation I faced one Saturday afternoon a couple years ago... If you're recording a program, any program, (in this case a football game) and change the channel to watch something else (or even turn off the tv)... if you return to that channel, it will pick up where you left off and not live programming. For example, you're recording (and watching) Bama vs. MTSU, but during a commercial break, you swap over to check another game for 2 minutes... if you go right back to the Alabama game, it'll pick up at the point you left, which is tremendously aggravating during live sports. You can FF real quick to catch up, but if you forget, you're all of a sudden 2 minutes behind without realizing. There may be some setting to turn that feature off... if anyone finds it, pass it along, because I hate it.

YTTV with the 4-blocker. You just nightlight the box you want sound for. And select one to bring it to full screen. Pretty cool.

View attachment 25342

I don't think they are done with making improvement to it, but I wish they'd allow an easy mod to select the games you want.

For example, you're recording (and watching) Bama vs. MTSU, but during a commercial break, you swap over to check another game for 2 minutes... if you go right back to the Alabama game, it'll pick up at the point you left, which is tremendously aggravating during live sports.
That's one reason I don't go and watch any Bama games at someone home.

Spectrum has bent their customers over and go in with no lube. Trying to cancel the TV part (I still need them for Internet) and I get an automated message informing that that aren't taking calls right now. Holy. Shit.

Back
Top Bottom