| FTBL What's up with ESPN blackout on Spectrum?

Date/TimeEventMissing ChannelPotential Ways to watch
Sep. 7
8:20 p.m. EDT
Detroit at Kansas CityNBCPeacock
Sep. 9
10:30 p.m. EDT
12:00 p.m. EDT
12:00 p.m. EDT
3:30 p.m. EDT
6:30 p.m. EDT
7:00 p.m. EDT
7:30 p.m. EDT
Stanford at 6USC
Notre Dame at NC State
Nebraska at Colorado
Texas A&M at Miami (FL)
UNLV at 2Michigan
Iowa at Iowa State
Cincinnati at Pittsburgh
Oregon at Texas Tech
Wisconsin at Washington State
UCLA at San Diego State
Charlotte at Maryland
FOX
ABC
FOX
ABC
CBS
FOX
The CW
FOX
ABC
CBS
NBC
OTA
ESPN3
OTA
ESPN3
Paramount+
OTA
CWTV.com
OTA
ESPN3
Paramount+
Peacock
Sep. 10
1:00 p.m. EDT
4:25 p.m. EDT
8:20 p.m. EDT
Houston at Baltimore
Cincinnati at Cleveland
Tampa Bay at Minnesota
Tennessee at New Orleans
Carolina at Atlanta
Jacksonville at Indianapolis
San Francisco at Pittsburgh
Arizona at Washington
Philadelphia at New England
Las Vegas at Denver
Miami at LA Chargers
Green Bay at Chicago
LA Rams at Seattle
Dallas at NY Giants
CBS
CBS
CBS
CBS
FOX
FOX
FOX
FOX
CBS
CBS
CBS
FOX
FOX
NBC
Paramount+
Paramount+
Paramount+
Paramount+
OTA
OTA
OTA
OTA
Paramount+
Paramount+
Paramount+
OTA
OTA
Peacock
Sep. 11
8:15 p.m. EDT
Buffalo at NY JetsABCESPN3

Supposedly, the thought among those in the industry is that Charter doesn't give 2 shits if customers cancel their cable service, as long as they keep their Internet services. That is where they are focused going forward as a company.
They’re going to find themselves in trouble with that thinking, there’s so many options for internet nowadays even in a state like Wyoming. I live 45 miles away from the nearest “city” and have really quick internet

They’re going to find themselves in trouble with that thinking, there’s so many options for internet nowadays even in a state like Wyoming. I live 45 miles away from the nearest “city” and have really quick internet

That's kinda what I was thinking. I've never had their cable or internet, but lots of folks in my neighborhood did (not too long ago it was the only option for fiber service) and most seem to have jumped ship to ATT as soon as they were able.

That's kinda what I was thinking. I've never had their cable or internet, but lots of folks in my neighborhood did (not too long ago it was the only option for fiber service) and most seem to have jumped ship to ATT as soon as they were able.
In the closest city to me Charter used to be the only game in town and now they’ve had to move into a strip mall. Most people have switched to ATT or Spectrum. I’ve been using Starlink for a year

In the closest city to me Charter used to be the only game in town and now they’ve had to move into a strip mall. Most people have switched to ATT or Spectrum. I’ve been using Starlink for a year
I know that we've discussed this before but Starlink just keeps getting better & better. I have no other options at this point but Starlink or Spectrum
(Spectrum outages last days according to my neighbors). My Starlink is rock solid. I have zero complaints!

I know that we've discussed this before but Starlink just keeps getting better & better. I have no other options at this point but Starlink or Spectrum
(Spectrum outages last days according to my neighbors). My Starlink is rock solid. I have zero complaints!

Yes, had AT&T for years with very very few issues. Been with Spectrum less than five months and have already had four outages, non-weather related, and then they lose Disney. the last outage was two days ago. Love driving by the guys working on the box at the road sitting there on their trucks laughing and having a good time while it's down.

I was hesitant when I got Starlink, but wanted to try it and I’ve been surprisingly happy about it. Don’t see myself going with anything else again

Supposedly, the thought among those in the industry is that Charter doesn't give 2 shits if customers cancel their cable service, as long as they keep their Internet services. That is where they are focused going forward as a company.
Yes, most if not all comms companies are focusing on the internet services. I deal with several “big boys” in the industry and all have focused on strictly internet service.

I was hesitant when I got Starlink, but wanted to try it and I’ve been surprisingly happy about it. Don’t see myself going with anything else again
Yeah my son was with starlink, he didn’t have much luck with it. Several others in his area had problems as well. Don’t know if it was just that area or what. Ive talked to a few other people that are pleased with it for personal use, not so much for commercial/business use.

Yeah my son was with starlink, he didn’t have much luck with it. Several others in his area had problems as well. Don’t know if it was just that area or what. Ive talked to a few other people that are pleased with it for personal use, not so much for commercial/business use.
I can’t say much for a commercial/business, but personal wise (with me) it’s been great, my son online games and my daughter and I stream stuff and we haven’t had an issue.

I’ve spoken to two people that didn’t have much luck with it too

Spectrum is.....are you ready for this....URGING it's own customers to switch to Hulu Live. Sending your own customers elsewhere? Granted, I'm no Wharton School of Business grad or anything close to that....but....that shit ain't a good business model. Maybe Spectrum is in a death spiral and is basically saying "fuck it"

I am in the process of cancelling with them. I just got sling. They even asked me which one I went with and I told them sling and they replied "nice!". The cat's out of the bag now. They are WANTING cancellations and are even wanting to assist customers with where to go as for their next provider. I gotta admit, this is surreal.

Back
Top Bottom