| FTBL What's up with ESPN blackout on Spectrum?

MunchyOs

auburn h8r
ESPN and ESPN 2 the U, The SECN all gone from Spectrum. Negotiation talks broke down and aren't expected to resume anytime soon. That fucks up Bama fans who have Spectrum as the Middle Tennessee AND Texas games are on SECN and ESPN respectively. What fucked up way to begin the season 😡

Get a free trial or Sling, YTTV, and Fubo to buy some time.
I did that two years ago, YTTV after I cancel it. I didn't know at the time ABC would play on ESPN3. I do have Sling. I'm going to look to see what channel to see what I can drop. You know someone else did this last year! I wish I could remember who did it? It seem like these guy wait till football season too!

I wonder what this means for games on ABC. While ABC 33/40 is still available, their college sports broadcasts are all of course, ESPN. So, when the local ABC affiliates run college football games, will they be required to blackout for Spectrum subscribers?

I wonder what this means for games on ABC. While ABC 33/40 is still available, their college sports broadcasts are all of course, ESPN. So, when the local ABC affiliates run college football games, will they be required to blackout for Spectrum subscribers?
I would think 33/40 (and games on there) will still be good if it’s showing now. Like Alabama Mike, I have Directv & CBS has been off the air in entirety since July 1st

IMO the big loser here is Spectrum. I guess they decided to go ahead and have a mass exodus of subscribers quickly instead of signing an agreement and then increasing their fees over a period of time. This way they would have a slower exodus of subscribers. Not a smart move by Spectrum.

Back
Top Bottom