| OT What's everybody doing for July 4th?

Didn't say what I was going to do but, I'll say what I did. I put two butts on the smoker and pulled them this morning. I made some baked beans and cooked up some potatoes that I grew. The kids (all grown) and their friends wanted to go out on the lake. So, I took them. After a few cans of liquid courage, my son began to regale us with stories of what a great skier I used to be. I was basking in the glow of my former greatness. It was a good day. Then, one of his friends, that he was raised up with ( cocky little shit) started saying how terrible it was that I could no longer do such things. Well, a beer or four later, I decided to grace them with a display of my prowess. I was tearing it up! Cleared the wake! Sprayed my own pier! Ah, how great it was to be alive! I was almost done and decided on one more jump. I believe that there must have been a freak microburst or something because I was much higher than I thought. The water was also not directly beneath my ski either. I didn't even try to land upright but instead just began to pray silently. I hit the water at 54 MPH. I felt something, rather forcefully hit my ass. After a brief moment I realized that it was my face! At 56, I'm not that bendy anymore. So, on the 5th of July I will be trying to regain my ability to move.

Didn't say what I was going to do but, I'll say what I did. I put two butts on the smoker and pulled them this morning. I made some baked beans and cooked up some potatoes that I grew. The kids (all grown) and their friends wanted to go out on the lake. So, I took them. After a few cans of liquid courage, my son began to regale us with stories of what a great skier I used to be. I was basking in the glow of my former greatness. It was a good day. Then, one of his friends, that he was raised up with ( cocky little shit) started saying how terrible it was that I could no longer do such things. Well, a beer or four later, I decided to grace them with a display of my prowess. I was tearing it up! Cleared the wake! Sprayed my own pier! Ah, how great it was to be alive! I was almost done and decided on one more jump. I believe that there must have been a freak microburst or something because I was much higher than I thought. The water was also not directly beneath my ski either. I didn't even try to land upright but instead just began to pray silently. I hit the water at 54 MPH. I felt something, rather forcefully hit my ass. After a brief moment I realized that it was my face! At 56, I'm not that bendy anymore. So, on the 5th of July I will be trying to regain my ability to move.
54mph? At 56yo?
You got a death wish?
☠️☠️☠️☠️

Lewis claims to have the best brisket in Charleston. I must say, I've never had better... (or any other)...in Charleston. Everything was very good. Brisket point cut like butter with excellent beef flavor. Collards were exceptional. So hot out. We watched fireworks from the observation deck at our hotel.

View attachment 24824
did you eat outside? H.O.T. Tuesday ... 'damn

Texas BBQ in the Carolina's works.

did you eat outside? H.O.T. Tuesday ... 'damn

Texas BBQ in the Carolina's works.
We did NOT eat outside thank goodness.

Wife and I walked first day, probably 5 or 6 miles in that heat. I drove the Mrs everywhere else. Forecast said it was like 95 out - some index said it felt like 115. I won't argue with that.

@AFF Hometeam, right around the corner...kicks ass as well....

Will have to do it next time...wanted to try that one as well as a few others - Rodney Scott, Poogan's Smokehouse, Queology

Seems to be a lot of good BBQ in Charleston.

Also have some good oyster places.

This one up north King.

1688695461347.png

Will have to do it next time...wanted to try that one as well as a few others - Rodney Scott, Poogan's Smokehouse, Queology

Seems to be a lot of good BBQ in Charleston.

Also have some good oyster places.

This one up north King.

View attachment 24825
Leon's. I've sat at that table; leaned against that bar.

Out of the three you've mentioned, hit Rodney Scott's. IF you're going to do Poogan's, hit the porch or the southern kitchen (about a half of an hour from downtown.) I eat at Poogan's Southern Kitchen...three, maybe four times a month: fried chicken, collards, and pea's about a week ago.

Cool thing about this town is the eatin' ...

We did NOT eat outside thank goodness.

Wife and I walked first day, probably 5 or 6 miles in that heat. I drove the Mrs everywhere else. Forecast said it was like 95 out - some index said it felt like 115. I won't argue with that.
Here's the thing. Lewis has a REALLY nice outdoor patio. Under that oak tree? Yeah, I'd have eaten outside...I think I went indoors twice on the 4th. You just get used to it, ya know? We're going towards 30 days in a row with the temp hitting the 90's.

Cool thing about this town is the eatin' ...
It dawns on me what an understatement that is ... so many places.

Back
Top Bottom