What do you guys usually cook for Gameday?

bamaraider

Verified Member
For me its pork ribs. I LOVE smoking out some pork ribs. Then with that I occasionally have some wings if I have more people over, then some pigs in a blanket, and potato salad.

Depends who we are playing. For aTm I cooked a brisket and will this year too, VA Tech doing a Virginia ham in the smoker, Tennessee we do Memphis BBQ, LSU we do something Cajun, gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, etc.

Depends who we are playing. For aTm I cooked a brisket and will this year too, VA Tech doing a Virginia ham in the smoker, Tennessee we do Memphis BBQ, LSU we do something Cajun, gumbo, jambalaya, crawfish, etc.

Same tradition with LSU. I'll boil some crawfish, add some spice called crab boil. Thing will BUURRN your mouth, but it's very good. Then usually have a chicken and shrimp gumbo.

Anything on the grill or smoker. It just usually depends on the week I guess. We've done boston butt, burgers/hot dogs, ribs, wings, ham, etc. this year. Whenever we play Florida I grill gator tail.

I make a mean salsa usually on gameday. The recipe is pretty simple. I got it from a guy that runs a mex restaurant here in Prattville. It is the best salsa around. Not chunky.. more runny like ristorante style.

2 cans whole stewed tomatoes
2 green onions
1-3 jalapenos (or serranos which i prefer) to taste for heat
almost a whole bunch of cilantro
2-3 limes depending on juiciness
1 teaspoon or so of cumin
salt to taste
1/2 - 1 teaspoon of black pepper
1-2 cloves of garlic

*make sure to never put salsa in metal bowls or leave metal utensils in it. sometimes gives it a funny taste.

preferably use a food processor to put the tomatoes to a liquidy mixture without being pureed to much if you like a little chunkiness. The blender is usually a little too much.

juice the limes and add probably more lime juice than you think. It quells the strong tomato flavor and really gives a nice zestiness. This, we have found, is the missing ingredient in many people's salsa.

chop all the other ingredients in the food processor until they are relatively fine. season to taste and you're good. Aye Caramba!!!

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom