| LIFE What about God? Is He or isn’t he?

You have provided no proof other than what the Bible itself says. That is not proof. That is your belief that it is proof. I refuse to accept your belief as proof.
Ok, rock. I appreciate the discussion. I will leave you with this: Jesus said in John 12:48 (ESV), “The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

Soon, both of us will depart this earth. If I’m wrong, neither of us will ever know it, but if I’m right (and I am), the bible you reject will still be standing while this earth burns.

Ok, rock. I appreciate the discussion. I will leave you with this: Jesus said in John 12:48 (ESV), “The one who rejects me and does not receive my words has a judge; the word that I have spoken will judge him on the last day.”

Soon, both of us will depart this earth. If I’m wrong, neither of us will ever know it, but if I’m right (and I am), the bible you reject will still be standing while this earth burns.
I absolutely mean this in the upmost respect, but you don’t know if you’re right or not.

Are you convinced you’re right, rock? From all the quoting of yourself as proof it seems you do?
I am convinced of nothing and open to anything that someone can actually prove. But quoting something like "the earth will continue to exist until it doesn't" and calling it proof is no such thing. I believe in God, not men, and men wrote all of the holy books for their own devices.

I am convinced of nothing and open to anything that someone can actually prove. But quoting something like "the earth will continue to exist until it doesn't" and calling it proof is no such thing. I believe in God, not men, and men wrote all of the holy books for their own devices.
Rockn, you’re not “open to anything that someone can actually prove.” As proof of the Bible being right, I offered you, among other things, fulfilled phrophecy and referred you to Isaiah 53. It was written roughly 700 YEARS before Jesus walked this earth. That is proof the Bible is right.

Now, I refer you to Psalm 22. Psalms 22:16 (ESV) For dogs encompass me; a company of evildoers encircles me; they have pierced my hands and feet--
Read the entire Psalm and see how much of the crucifixion is detailed therein.
This Psalm was written by David over 1,000 years before Christ. That is proof the bible is right.

We could list hundreds of more prophecies that find their fulfillment in Christ as proof that the bible is right, but it would serve only to wear out my fingers, because you would just continue to brush them off, because you’re not actually interested in proof, as you claim, because you are determined not to believe.

You have completely missed the point of my quoting Genesis 8:22.

You claim to believe in God; to which god are you referring? And what is your proof that he exists?

I removed a comment on purpose. I was being too snarky. The point there is I believe in God, but I don't have proof. I do not presume to tell anyone else that God does exist and I can prove it. You believe in the Bible, then tell others it is true and you can prove it. I don't accept your proof at all because it is circular logic. The people who wrote the story of Jesus used the previous prophecy to mold their story of him in order to gain acceptance of him as fulfilling that prophecy. I can't prove that any more than you can prove yours though. Let's leave it at I accept the Bible as a good book with a lot of good stories in it that can make the world a better place, but I will never accept that it is 100% fact of anything at all without proof of each thing it says. There are tons of historical novels that have a lot of true information in them that is surrounded by fiction. Doesn't make them bad books nor does it make them all true.

So, @rocknthefreeworld, you’re saying Jesus’s disciple set it up so he would be born in Bethlehem to match prophecy? You’re saying they set it up to have him crucified to match prophecy? And you’re saying they conspired to have his enemies say exactly what Psalm 22 says they would say at the crucifixion to match prophecy?

I am saying that they added a lot of that stuff to his story and it may or may not even be true about him. There is no proof of where he was born, that he was actually crucified, or what he said there except what they wrote. Therefore you either believe or don't. You can't prove it either way.

You won’t find the Book of Enoch included in any bibles except for the Ethiopian. Jews taught from it. It contains the oldest reference to the Son of Man known although scholars fight about the book. It even describes the forbidden fruit ( doesn’t sound like an apple)

I am saying that they added a lot of that stuff to his story and it may or may not even be true about him. There is no proof of where he was born, that he was actually crucified, or what he said there except what they wrote. Therefore you either believe or don't. You can't prove it either way.
Therein lies the concept of “free will”. I nor anyone else are going to change your mind. By your own admission the message was delivered to you before you encountered this discussion. Satan and Jews believe in GOD the only difference being Satan knowing what Jews deny. My only question would be how you could believe in GOD if you don’t believe the holy books that proclaim HIM? Your belief structure would almost have to be akin to aboriginals throwing up a totem pole to thunder spirits or such.

@rocknthefreeworld you seem to be really down on eyewitness, even if they number in the hundreds. Consider a scenario: you’re on a jury and 50 (not hundreds, just 50) witnesses all testify that they saw Defendant A shoot victim B. Would you be the lone holdout on the jury and say that’s not enough evidence to convict Defendant A?

No, I won't accept the book you are trying to prove as proof of itself without outside corroboration. This time I am done and will not comment on this again. Your entire argument is based on your belief the Bible is accurate in all things and is self-proving. To me it isn't. There is no way we will ever agree and no sense continuing this.

I didn’t ask you about the Book. I asked you about the 50 wintnesses to a shooting. Would you except their testimony as evidence for proof that Defendant A is guilty of shooting Victim B.

Christian- belief in God
Atheist-belief in no God
Agnostic-not sure

If the Christian is wrong, what have they lost when they die? They die. If the non-Christian is wrong, what have they lost? Everything, if the Bible is true. Not wanting to debate, just a thought after reading the posts.

Last edited:
Back
Top Bottom