| FTBL WEEK TEN: NCAA / SEC Games of the Week.

USC in one of those games where they score 14 the whole game then score 7 with 3 minutes left, get an onside kick, and score again. Double their points in 2 minutes. The prevent defense has always confused my simple mind. Seems like it allows teams to move and score more times than not. But probably just seems that way.

I'm enjoying this Indiana win for two reasons. One, is Harbaugh's misery, which leads to excellent meltdown material. More importantly, look at how Indiana bullied Michigan. If IU's former S&C coaches can do that at Indiana, think of what can they accomplish in Tuscaloosa!

UGA WR just had one of those nasty ankle breaks on a TD. Foot pointing the wrong way and all. Injuries piling up for them. I don’t think he’s their top guy, he’s a freshman, but still. And.... they’re whooping UF’s ass.

Just saw the 2nd best coaching adjustment I've seen in the last 2 seasons...

Florida was in 2nd and long, and got stuffed on the running down. The Georgia 3rd down / passing defense was READY TO GO on the sideline. The minute they tackled the runner, they subbed on and off the field and were set for the Florida hurry-up 3rd down action. Fla rushes the play and throws a pick 6. Seems simple enough, but I've yet to see anyone execute legit subs on a 3rd down hurry-up snap. Very well done by Kirby.

And for reference, the other good adjustment I saw was last year when Tua threw a long TD to D. Smith against LSU. We did our first look / fake snap to "check" what the D was doing, but then Tua fake looked at the sideline and we snapped while the D was also looking at their sideline for adjustments. Something I'm absolutely shocked that I haven't seen since.

That targeting foul from Jawja's 16...I know 84 ducked a bit, but damn! That was a viciousl lick. I think both players may need concussion protocols. Bad for Kirby as that weakens his secondary even more.

Back
Top Bottom