| FTBL WEEK TEN: NCAA / SEC Games of the Week.

I am actually interested in watching Oregon and Stanford. Only because I want ro see Noah Seawell and Justin Flowe to see how they are. Oregon has lacked that defensive presence to get it over the hump as a title contender and those two guys are solid. Curious to see them in their first test at the college level.

How many guys opted out at Oregon and didn't opt in? If they had a full roster, and these new elite freshmen, they could've been the 4th playoff team potentially.

If I understand the PAC's guidelines for the season this means that both UW and Cal have to win three of five to become bowl eligible. Both seasons now down to five games.

What strikes me about this report is it reads as if only one player tested positive, the other didn't, but since they were around the one player the entire game has been scratched?

Saturday's football season opener between the California Golden Bears and Washington Huskies has been canceled after a Cal player tested positive for COVID-19 and several teammates were placed into quarantine as possible close contacts, the school announced Thursday.
"Cal Athletics followed guidance from University Health Services Infection Control and Berkeley Public Health on contact tracing, quarantining, symptom monitoring and treatment," the school said in a statement. "As a result, several football student-athletes are in quarantine due to contact tracing."

You need only look at a political map to get your answer(s). Blue States.

I don’t get the love for Oregon. They lost a stud QB that carried them last year. And they didn’t even make the playoffs last year. And their entire O-Line from what I’ve read. And their stud Penee. Just don’t see it. Even in the weak PAC 12. They could easily have no representation which is probably fair.

A tale of 2 QB’s or is Clemson’s D that strong? Stats of D’Eriq King (Miami) against Clemson and NC State.

Against Clemson: Passing 12 of 28 for 121 yds, 0 TDs and 2 INTs

Against NC State: Passing 31 of 41 for 430 yds, 5 TDs and 0 INTs

Or did Clemson get lucky and play them before he found his rhythm with the offense.

Interesting CFB notes, streaks and trends entering the weekend...
  • There are four ranked matchups this weekend. This season, favorites are 13-2-1 ATS in ranked matchups...
  • This is the first time since 1988 Michigan is favored by less than 7 points vs Indiana. Dating back to 1978, this is the closest point spread between these two schools. That 6.5-point spread in 1988 is the previous low...
  • This is just the 2nd time in the last 15 years Boise State is a home underdog in the regular season. The other instance was a 24-17 win over Fresno State as a 2.5-point underdog in 2018...
  • Liberty is a 2-TD dog vs VT. This is the first time a team 6-0 or better is a double-digit underdog to a team with two losses since 2002 when 7-0 Notre Dame was a 10.5-point dog to 5-2 Florida State and won 34-24...
  • ...The only other time a team 6-0 or better was a double-digit dog to a two-loss team was in 1996 when 9-0 Army lost 42-17 to 6-2 Syracuse as an 18.5-point dog...
  • Houston has covered ten straight game as a double-digit underdog - three under Dana Holgorsen, one under Major Applewhite, three under Tom Herman and three under Tony Levine. Houston won four of those games outright...
  • Notre Dame has been a home underdog four times since 2014. The Irish have won every game outright...
  • Miami at NC State: Top 12 teams are 10-26-1 ATS this season as double-digit favorites over unranked opponents...
  • Will Muschamp knows how to keep the alumni happy in a big game. He’s 3-0 ATS this season vs ranked teams and dating back to 2018, 7-2 ATS vs ranked teams, all coming as an underdog (two outright wins).
  • In the last 3 years, Florida has reached the red zone on just 4 of 31 drives vs Georgia. Gators have averaged 13.7 PPG and outgained by 139 YPG...
  • Notre Dame's opponents are 9-22 vs FBS opponents this season (excluding the loss to the Irish).
  • Notre Dame has lost 11 straight and 19 of its last 20 against Top 5 opponents, as well as each of its last five Top 5 matchups.
I believe I heard this correctly: There have been 59 teams who have a win over an AP top 5 team since Notre Dame won their last (Alabama has 20 since that date.)

What the hell has happened to Duke. I know there’s some guys on this forum that think highly of them. They are a real mess. Getting donkey stomped by UNC today. Who hasn’t been exactly world beaters (lost to terrible Virginia and FSU teams).

Back
Top Bottom